3 months ago
This posting is for the position of “Planning leader” for BHGE Oil Field Equipment Subsea Production Systems & Services, based out of Montrose, Scotland, UK (initially based at Dyce, Scotland, UK). This position is in charge of the successful planning execution of Subsea projects. This position reports to the Global Subsea Production Systems & Services Planning Leader.
* Team management: in charge of the day to day management of a team of planners in charge of planning execution. Team management encompasses ensuring team delivers to business requirements; reporting on portfolio metrics; allocation of planners to projects; managing performance, development and growth of individuals in the team; recruiting, training and successful on-boarding of talents.
* Schedules baselining: develop for newly awarded orders, schedule baseline compliant with BHGE procedures and contractual requirements.
* Planning Execution: i) Ensure regular update of execution schedules ii) ensure validity and accuracy of the schedules as well as adherence to approved and standard processes iii) identify and resolves issues in schedules and iv) support planners overcoming roadblocks. The planning leader may from time to time be required to execute project schedules in the same manner as the planners
* Support with customer: the planning leader will support, when needed, his/her planning team as well as the project management team during customer discussions related to schedule and on time delivery.
* Continuous improvements, simplification, and lessons learned: participate in continuous improvements and simplification initiatives (especially management and update of planning templates) to be lead from the Bristol office. These initiatives are aimed at more efficient ways of working, leaner organization and enhanced customer satisfaction. The planning leader is also in charge of the collection of lessons learned across project and feedback into the ITO and project kick off planning team.
* Bachelor or Master Degree (Engineering/Math/Science degree preferred).or equivalent knowledge or experience
* Proven track record and experience in a relevant function (project management, planning, master scheduling) and a relevant industry (large project, construction, oil & gas, aeronautics…)
* Demonstrable experience successfully managing a team (direct or indirect reports or a mix).
* Working knowledge of the following tools: planning (Primavera preferred), MRP and engineering product life management.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Clear thinking: Ability to quickly learn a new topic and understand the interdependencies between areas. Highly analytical, he/she will quickly identify schedule risks and define solutions to overcome the roadblocks.
* Motivation and work ethic: High energy and motivation to deliver against and beyond expectations, making the difference in the position.
* Leadership & Inclusiveness: The planning leader will have great interpersonal skills enabling him/her to grow and nurture his team, but also to provide direct feedback regarding performance. The leader will be a role model for his/her team in terms of cross functional collaboration, bringing down the silos.
* Communication skills : The planning leader will have excellent skills in communication at all levels and will be comfortable and concise in presentation of complex problems
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technology equipment and services for all segments of the oil and gas industry, from exploration & production to downstream. Whether we’re developing technologies to make extraction safer and more efficient, or subsea devices that will usher in a new phase in drilling, GE’s Oil & Gas teams are committed to creating the high-tech products and solutions that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a flexible, creative environment that fosters the ground breaking intellectual property and patents that make GE a global leader. Here you’ll have the opportunity to take control of your career within the engineering and business worlds, surrounded by diverse, credentialed talent who work together to make a real difference.
If you’re a passionate, sound decision maker who thrives on the pursuit of perfection, then join GE in creating the next generation of oil and gas innovations and technologies that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Locations: United Kingdom; Montrose, Aberdeen