11 days ago
Lead Process Engineer
Application closing date
Kent (Head office)
E/Technical - Up to £57,000.00 per annum dependent on experience.
This role also includes a car allowance of £5,985.27 per annum.
We are seeking a Lead Process Engineer who is able to bring a wealth of experience in both the technical and capital delivery of water treatment works design and improvement projects to lead our busy Engineering Team.
The Lead Process Engineer will ideally be a Chartered Engineer, or equal, with a chemical engineering or equivalent scientific based degree. They will be responsible for all business output deliverables for the process works within Capital Delivery, including the management of process risks and impacts and they will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the deliverables meets regulatory and business requirements. They will work under the direction of the Lead Construction Engineer and will work closely with both Delivery and Project managers
Responsibilities & Duties include:
• Contributing to all Capital Delivery projects through the setting of Process strategy and performance requirements and guarantees.
• Ensuring the quality of deliverables meets SEW business, regulatory, operational and maintenance strategies.
• Ensuring technical excellence in Process delivery; Developing robust, risk assessed process solutions/designs for schemes
• Providing support and advice on Process technical matters and Process Risk.
• Working with key stakeholders across the business, such as Assets, Water Quality, Production and Operations
• Providing support to operations staff and operational sites to achieve optimisation of both new and existing process assets
• Providing technical support for commissioning of schemes including troubleshooting
• Managing the Process Engineering team and coordinating with other external specialists; including the Management of team budgets
• Identification and evaluation of innovative processes and equipment
• Management of junior engineers; providing mentoring as required
Key skills include:
Agility - Responsive, flexible and adapting quickly to change
• The ability to respond to both internal and external changes in an efficient and effective manner.
• To have good organisational skills and the ability to set up and manage procedures to ensure quality.
Creativity - Fresh thinking, improving, never standing still
• The ability to develop, and encourage others to develop, innovative and efficient solutions to reduce the environmental impact of engineering projects.
• Having good people management skills, being team oriented with the ability to work closely with colleagues,
• Having the ability to influence outcomes and staff who are not necessarily part of direct line management.
Excellence - Striving at all times to be the best and deliver the best
• To ensure all team members are mentored and receive the training and input required to always deliver the best environmental solutions.
• Being commercially focused with the ability to financially forecast, monitor and deliver projects to an agreed budget.
• To have excellent technical report writing and editorial skills, and good oral communication.
Passion - Dedicated to delivering a safe, reliable service – always caring for our customers and each other
• Encourages a culture of Process excellence within Engineering and our partner organisations.
• Able to promote a culture centred around compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and legislation.
Trust - Dependable, safe and sound. As a team always delivering on our commitments. Guardians of the environment
• Ability to reduce the Process impact of engineering projects.
• Experienced in technical delivery to meet regulatory and business objectives.
• Being a technical expert with the ability to exercise sound judgement and decision making in complex situations.
• HNC or a Degree in Engineering or equivalent training and 10 to 15 years relevant UK water industry experience (other water companies / contractors / consultants / suppliers)
• A Chartered Engineer with substantial industry experience with a reputation for technical excellence
• Clean UK driving licence
The successful candidate will be required to work between 30 - 37 hours per week. If the successful candidate chooses to work part time hours, the salary will be adjusted accordingly.
The recruitment process may include an interview via Zoom and you may be asked to prepare a short presentation in advance of your interview, you may also be asked to complete a PPA Assessment (Personality Profile Assessment).
This post is subject to a basic criminal record check and Right to Work in the UK.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, a minimum of 25 days annual leave pro rata, a stakeholder pension scheme in which the maximum Company contribution is 10% and a life assurance scheme.