9 months ago
Motors and Power Systems, Electronics
Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson has an opportunity for an Lead Power Electronics Engineer to join the highly successful Motors and Power Systems group.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic, but most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. We are looking for individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside other leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to develop products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
* Ensure the safety and reliability of Dyson products
* Take technical responsibility for the power electronic content of a number of projects across a different product categories ensuring their successful delivery.
* Actively identify technical risks within projects and drive their resolution.
* Challenge where appropriate and develop best practice and process improvement across the business.
* Act as a subject matter expert across the business and multiple projects
* Develop and train others either within their own or the wider team.
* Opportunity for line management responsibilities
* Degree or equivalent experience in electronic engineering or comparable discipline alongside significant industrial experience.
* In depth knowledge and experience in the design and development of motor drives / inverters / SMPS / power electronics products.
* Detailed understanding of device characteristics specifically IGBTs, MOSFETs and emerging technologies in in real-world applications.
* Excellent analytical skills and the ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences including senior management.
* Circuit simulation and analysis expertise (e.g. SiMetrix, SPICE or Matlab)
* Experience with PCB/schematic tools.
* Proven ability to design products for compliance with worldwide EMC/EMI standards.
* Knowledge and experience of thermal management.
* Able to provide technical direction.
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discounts on Dyson machines
Posted: 24 December 2019