10 months ago
As Jagex ushers in a new era, we are setting our sights high and need an ambitious Lead Platform Engineer to help perpetuate our vision to be the Home of Living Games.
Working across the studio to drive the vision of our new architecture, you will be in charge of architecting the next generation server platform from the ground up, designing micro-services, and hiring the backend engineering group.
You will be building the foundations to propel Jagex into it's next generation of products. Working closely with the Programme Manager, you will be responsible for architecting and creating the vision of new services, software, and support for Jagex games, using scrum methodology.
You will help design the software and processes that go into the long-term vision, as well as oversee the maintenance of these platform technologies. You'll be hands-on and a great communicator, developing a micro-service architecture that works across multiple titles, projects, publishing external titles, etc.
What we are looking for:
* Expertise in developing server-side software in languages such as Java and C#
* Expertise in programming and designing large scale micro-service architectures
* Experience with project planning and scheduling, projections, managing deliverables
* Expertise in server migration, build promotion, and data versioning
* Experience managing technology resources, hiring and training, building a hosting platform
* Ability to Develop strategies for future service offerings based upon industry, market and customer needs
* Expertise in Cloud hosting technologies like Docker or AWS
Ideally you should also have:
* A degree in a related field or equivalent experience
* Knowledge of WebAPIs
* Knowledge of performance, security, server logging like Splunk, server analytics, and deployment strategies
* To behave at all times in a professional manner, maintaining a positive and conscientious work ethic whilst also demonstrating initiative and determination to get the job done.
* To work effectively with colleagues both within the immediate team and across the company whenever necessary.
* To demonstrate a willingness to adapt to the evolving environment of the company, teams and work requirements.
Drive to learn, grown and improve their current skill set and that of the function.
* Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishingpersonal networks; participating in professional societies
What we offer:
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.