about 1 year ago
Requisition ID :2019-68034
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Planning
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently hiring a Lead Planner to lead the effective delivery of all aspects of planning and scheduling in a project / assignment in accordance with Wood procedures and Contract requirements. To provide the required cost function support to the Client and Wood project / assignment teams. To and to provide leadership, guidance and support to the project planning team. To deliver the role as an individual or part of a team as determined by the requirements of the project organisation.
• Responsible for personal safety and working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood HSE processes.
• Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood Quality Assurance systems and processes.
• Effectively manage the communications interfaces essential for the delivery of the planning function.
• Undertake planning focal point responsibility for all contract scopes
• Develop and maintain planning control structures in alignment with approved project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
• Develop and maintain baseline project plans and schedules using appropriate scheduling software.
• Monitor and control planning activities through all phases of project lifecycle
• Liaise with engineering, procurement and construction functions, and others as required, including third parties, to maintain awareness of project activities, their status, and their impact on the project schedule and manpower requirements.
• Provide copies of project plans and schedules in accordance with project reporting requirements.
• Provide copies of project progress and performance status reports in accordance with project reporting requirements.
• Produce and issue updates to project plans and schedules
• Produce and issue updates to project manpower requirements
• Assess and communicate schedule impact of change notifications
• Monitor overall project progress status, achievement of major milestones, and analyse project performance in relation to planned performance.
• Facilitate / chair internal and external project progress and performance status meetings as required.
• Attend client monthly meetings and present project schedule and progress performance status.
• Delegate and manage the work of subordinate project controls planning staff as required
• Provide guidance and support to subordinate project controls planning staff as required
• Assist and drive continuous improvement throughout team
• Assist PCM / BSM in resource selection and recruitment tasks
• Attend regular corporate planning meetings and network with other Lead Planners
• Assist in tender response exercises where required
• Participate in contract and corporate Audits
• Facilitate & participate in contract and corporate Risk Analysis sessions
• Undertake regular review of Graduate & Trainee learning outcomes
• Assist Contract Project Controls Manager in staff performance reviews
• Actively participate in monthly Project Controls Systems forums
PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (INDICATIVE):
• Project schedules shall be maintained in accordance with approved contract and project Work Breakdown Structure.
• Project plans and schedules shall be issued in accordance with contract reporting calendar and on an as required basis.
• All project schedules shall be fully logic linked and show the critical path and total float for all activities.
• The project schedule shall be baselined at the time of approval by the client of funding for the project.
• All project schedules shall contain resources in accordance with the corporate standards
• Workpacks delivery milestones shall be clearly identified within the project schedules.
• A standard set of agreed milestones shall be maintained within both the schedule and the cost reporting database.
Skills / Qualifications
• Degree in relevant technical or business discipline or can be substituted by suitable industry experience.
• Experience in project controls planning positions. Prior experience in a senior planning role essential.
• Must have detailed knowledge of and familiarity with manual and computerised project planning and scheduling techniques.
• Knowledge of engineering and construction projects in the oil and gas industry, preferably in both onshore and offshore environments.
Job-Specific Skills: Effective/competent Computerised systems skills Excellent understanding of project management principles and techniques. Knowledgeable in the supervision of project controls personnel. Meets all competency criteria.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.