6 months ago
Lead Information Architect
Lead Information Architect, Bristol, Permanent, Competitive Salary & Benefits
The Lead Information Architect will work with the Information Management Lead to manage the Information Architects. The Information Architect will work primarily with the Business Performance & Digital Architecture Teams and Information Management Centres of Excellence.
They will be accountable for ensuring the HPC Projects Information is identified, modelled & articulated to the relevant Programme or Project and all of the teams that will interface with those Programmes or Projects. They will manage the interface with the Business, Process & System Architecture teams. The Lead Information Architect must ensure that Information Quality Controls are implemented in Processes & Systems to ensure the Availability, Accessibility, Consistency and Quality of HPC’s Information.
The Lead Information Architect will be interfacing with business stakeholders from a variety of disciplines & levels and needs to be able to communicate clearly to ensure the Information Architecture of a Programme/project is understood. This will be challenging due to the time pressures placed on all the Business Functions across HPC, & the diverse nature of existing Information Management arrangements that often to not resemble a ‘data-centric’ way of working.
Alongside the development of new Processes & Systems to meet the Information challenges, HPC also needs to amend its contracts with clearly articulated Information Requirements. The Lead Information Architect will need to support the Programmes & Projects in developing Information
Requirement standards and templates that can be embedded into contracts to acquire quality information from HPC’s complex and sizable supply chain.
• Identify & Define the Information Quality & Modelling Standards within the HPC Project.
• Lead the Information Architecture Team operating internally and within projects & programmes.
• Manage the Architecture Activities on the Information Management Pipeline.
• Oversee the development of the HPC Enterprise Information Model.
• Recommend Information, Process and System changes required to meet the Requirements to the Information Management Lead and Business & IS Architecture Manager.
• Align the Enterprise Information Model to the Business, Process & Systems through collaboration with the Business, Process and System Architecture teams.
• Oversee the Information Management Centres of Excellence deliver the To-be Architecture & deliver to the expected quality.
• Responsible for management of the Architecture Activities on the Information Management Pipeline.
• Responsible for the development of the HPC Enterprise Information Model.
• Accountable for analysis relating to Business Requirements, Process, People & Systems including highlighting gaps that will impact the ability of the HPC Project to meet its Information Requirements.
• Accountable for management of Model Information Objects, Attributes & Relationships within the HPC Information Architecture & Dictionary.
• Accountable for alignment the Enterprise Information Model to the Business, Process & Systems Architectures through collaboration with the Business, Process and System Architecture teams.
• Responsible for identifying gaps in the HPC Information Architecture against Business Information Requirements.
• Provide critical advice the Programmes & Projects in selecting appropriate Information Delivery mechanisms for Contractural Information Requirements.
• Responsible for defining and communicating Information, Process and System changes required to meet Business Information Requirements to Architecture management.
• Accountable for defining quality controls required for each Information Source to improve the Availability, Accessibility, Consistency and Quality of HPC’s Information.
• Oversee the Information Management Centres of Excellence delivery of the To-be Architecture.
• Extensive experience of Information Requirements capture and analysis in complex capital projects with complex interfaces between business functions, processes & systems with a large dependency external contract defined information sources.
• Extensive Information Architecture & Modelling Languages skills such as UML, BPMN, Entity Relationship Modelling, Archimate.
• Strong leadership, workshop facilitation and communication skills, including planning, presentation, communication and mediation skills.
• Experience of delivering IT Projects i.e. Information Requirement development, Information Analysis, Information Architecture and IT system specification.
• Understanding of Systems & Process Architecture or Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF or IAF.
• Relevant qualifications and experience in one or more of the Information Management disciplines of Information Architecture, Information Analysis, Master Data Management, Data Administration or Database System development.
• Degree level or equivalent in a related subject or business relevant subject.
• Experience of Information Architecture in a Captial Construction project or related industry.
• Track record of project or programme delivery.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk flex in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
#WeAreEDF and are leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero.
We are leading the UK's nuclear renaissance, we’re constructing a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C, with plans for new power stations at Sizewell C in Suffolk and Bradwell B in Essex. Around a fifth of the UK's electricity is generated by our eight nuclear power stations, helping power our customers' homes and businesses.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. It’s a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we’re about the people who work with us – a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that’s vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we’ll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.