about 1 year ago
Siemens Building Technologies is currently recruiting an experienced Lead Fire and Security Design Engineer / co-ordinator, based from Frimley. The successful applicant, will take a leading role on the fire and security work streams under direction from the Solutions Design Manager.
Duties will include working alongside a design team preparing fire bids and, producing project designs that meet customer specifications and comply with relevant codes of practice.The Lead Engineer will be required to produce professional and accurate designs that relate to documentation which, meets Siemens Fire Safety and Security QA requirements. These designs will start with the concept at sales stages, through to all of the design delivery documentation required at handover.
What are my responsibilities?
* Develop system architecture schematics and a detailed design specifying the equipment and materials to be utilised within the solution and to meet the client’s operational requirements
* Responsible for the production and creation of Fire and security system designs that comply with the relative British standards, codes of practice or specifications and are complaint to customer specifications, ensuring cost effective solutions are provided
* Build and maintain customer relationships, with customer’s designated design or services representatives
* Understands the customer’s business and business terminology
* Responsibility to ensure that all functions are completed according to company QA procedures
* Maintain central server filling system
* Ensure certification and up to date knowledge, classification and installation methods
* Attend training courses to improve skills and knowledge
* Design relay controls, special switching arrangements
* Plan, manage, forecast and report on all design projects in hand
* What do I need to qualify for the role?
* Previous design experience with excellent technical/engineering understanding of fire and security related systems
* Commercial understanding of design requirements vs. costs requirements
* Ability to undertake accurate measurements from drawings/designs
* Familiarity with the current British and other relevant standards within the industry
* Demonstrated ability to ensure drive, focus, planning and positive attitude for consistent achievement and delivery of high quality results
* Good organisational skills. Self motivated, Team player - good communicator with peers, other staff and customers
* Ability to relate to people at all levels, and to communicate both on a technical and non-technical basis
* I Networks design
* Proven ability to professionally document, illustrate and present detailed fire and security system design specifications with in-depth knowledge of relevant codes of practices and standards.
* Electrical – Diploma level in Electrical related subject or equivalent and/or relevant experience.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Auto CAD, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Suite is required
Requisition ID: 225944
Organization: Building Technologies
Career Level: not defined
Full time only