23 days ago
REQ ID: 54845
JOB TITLE: Lead Engineer - Software & Diagnostic
SALARY: £45,000 - £50,000 (DOE)
POSTING END DATE: 11/4/21
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We’re already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We’re doing more than dream, we’re creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
We are searching for a Lead Software & Diagnostics Engineer to expand the team here at Jaguar Land Rover.
The team you will join is responsible for the delivery of Electric and Hybrid Battery Technology in support of the product cycle plan. The department portfolio includes solutions incorporating system engineering, battery, power supply, EDS and control system technologies
This role supports the development and test of new SW algorithms & modules for Battery Management System of Electric and hybrid electric vehicles. The role looks at all aspects of the V-Model –based life cycle regarding SW artefacts, requirement cascade, validation and verification. Your role will involve the following responsibilities
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
It is essential that you have a clear understanding of Li-ION / NMC batteries and related BMS technologies and a strong understanding of all modules of BMS such as battery protection logics, SOC / SOH estimation, algorithms, derating strategies etc.
You should have knowledge of electronic components Mosfets, Op AMPs, ADC, microcontrollers etc, should be able to test / debug circuits / logics independently and should be able to read and understand hardware schematics independently.
You should be proficient at using test tools like CROs, data loggers, using scripts, CANAlyzers etc, should have knowledge of writing CAPL scripting and able to produce software tools to aid battery testing and possess a strong understanding of design, development and qualification processes.
In addition to the above, you should also be:
• Highly experienced in Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow model based development.
• Proficient in controlling auto code generation using Embedded Coder.
• Should have very good problem solving skills and attitude.
• Should be able to troubleshoot SW issues.
• Should have knowledge about Power PC MPC56XX, MPC57XX architecture.
• Should have sound knowledge about functioning of low level drivers.
• Should have knowledge about cell voltage monitoring ASICS in BMS and its configuration.
• Highly experienced in Embedded C, should be able to understand and write efficiently.
• Should have good understanding about RTOS, bootloader, COM.
• Good understanding of communication protocol like CAN, SPI etc.
• Good understanding of network management methodologies.
• Experience in using lauterbach debugger and Trace32.
• Should have worked on Diab compiler.
• Highly experienced in software integration.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Find out what to expect at each stage of the process along with some hints and tips.
FIND OUT MORE
Find out more about working here in our JLR Life Blog:
FIND OUT MORE
WHAT WE OFFER
We look after our employees by offering a host of benefits and investing in their talent through award-winning training
FIND OUT MORE
Can't find a suitable opportunity or interested in other options with our Suppliers and Partners?
SEARCH ALL JOBS
Engineering Manager, Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Embedded, Engineering, Technology