6 months ago
Lead Engineer- Independent Design Integrity-TPRS-UKDY02070557
Lead Engineer, Independent Design Integrity
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are currently looking to recruit a Lead Engineer, Independent Design Integrity based in Derby, United Kingdom.
This is a key role within the Independent Design Integrity Team. The two main purposes of the IDI team is to support the Bid and Design function across the WMA region by ensuring that technical risks are being properly identified and managed, and to independently investigate/assess safety related issues.
• Maintain a good working relationship with the bids and project teams and to understand the planned activity, Design and Gate reviews;
• Ensure IDI attendance at all Gate Reviews -3 to 9 and that technical risks are identified and mitigated;
• Obtain copies of all Critical Item Assessment for Bids and Projects and ensure that this is used to evaluate the key concepts of the emerging designs;
• Manage a team of experts who will control the risk portfolio in Projects and Bids;
• Deliver IDI assessment of risk to the Red Team at the Gate Review meeting;
• Ensure hours for IDI activities are included in the Bid and Project plans in P6;
• Rigorously maintain and update KPIs as needed on regular basis;
• Investigate product related incidents and accidents and issue safety letters to customers or authorities as needed (with support of another technical expert if required);
• Capture lessons learned and best practices LL/BP in accordance with 020718 Lessons Learned / Best Practice: Solutions’ Implementation;
• With the BID teams, understand and assist with the shaping of the key concepts of the emerging designs;
• Provide immediate escalation on any emerging critical risks;
• Verify that GR and DRs are attended by all necessary functions and verify the competence and completeness of the reviews.
• Degree in Engineering or equivalent tertiary qualification;
• 5 years relevant experience in the railway industry is essential;
• A detailed of knowledge regarding vehicle integration – and an ability to understand what is important in vehicle design and integration;
• An ability to work on multiple bids and projects at any given time;
• Understanding of train operation / operability;
• English fluent (other languages are an advantage).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Your ideas move people.
Posting date: 20/08/2019
Closing date: 19/09/2019
Competitive salary range
Number working hours: 37
Job: Structural Design
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular