5 months ago
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. From Crossrail – Europe’s largest civil engineering project – to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
This will help us deliver the better railway that is vital for the economic prosperity of this country, transforming how people travel and make a massive difference to passengers and freight users right across Britain.
Our shared behaviours are helping us to shape a better railway for a better Britain:
• Customer-driven - We put safety at the heart of everything we do and provide exceptional service;
• Accountable - We understand our priorities and use shared knowledge and expertise to make confident decisions;
• Challenging - We welcome different points of view and constantly seek better solutions;
• Collaborative - We work openly and transparently and are respectful and trusting.
High Output Track Renewals is a national project and part of the Infrastructure Projects (Track) portfolio. We are responsible for the management and delivery of high quality plain line renewals on the UK's primary mainline routes, using state of the art High Output On Track Machine systems, working 7 nights per week.
Lead, direct and mentor Technical Engineers (High Output) in ensuring the working environment and work practices meeting the requirements of Health and Safety Legislation and conforms to Network Rail Line Standards; Company Standard, instructions, best practice and meet the quality expected by the Project and the Client.
About the role (External)
· Ensure that all designs are set out within a timely manner
· Carry out analysis and estimates, prepare detailed planning, produce train plans and resource schedule (plant, materials and labour) for allocated jobs
· Carry out technical duties at worksite including all aspects of laser control, tamping, stressing and track commissioning (speed raising)
· Monitor and report on progress of all technical KPI, with special focus on Track Quality
· Review, submit and monitor requests of derogations to standards and temporary technical and engineering non-compliances. Ensure that temporary non-compliances are closed out in a timely manner and identify and refer any Design issues to the Design Manager
· Refer non-compliances to standards and all technical issues arising to the Delivery Manager as applicable
· Prepare or supervise the preparation of work package plans and Task briefings including all relevant disciplines
· Make sure that site reporting is accurately completed and returned in a timely manner with special focus on Hand back (G) Forms, CRT assessments, As Built and stressing forms. Ensure submission of technical documents to be included in the Health and Safety file in a timely manner.
· Maintain a register of calibrated equipment and suitable quarantine process and assist in internal and external inspections, checks and audits and ensure close out of technical non-compliances
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Education to HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or equivalent suitable experience
· Comprehensive understanding of Permanent Way and related engineering principles, including interfaces between disciplines
· Proven successful experience in the execution of High Output Track Renewals
· In depth knowledge and understanding of track standards, processes and procedures
· Computer literacy
· Safety Management training
· Understanding Health and Safety legislation relative to Construction and Engineering
· Must be able to drive
· Working towards a professional qualification
· Competency Assessor (A1)
· Accident Investigation training
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3000 (to a maximum amount of £2,250).
Network Rail positively embraces flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Network Rail adheres to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: £38,000 - £42,000
Closing date: 09/11/2017, late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes
Network Rail adheres to the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS). This is a government standard for pre-employment vetting. All prospective employees will undergo the required checks to meet this standard before joining the company.