9 months ago
The Advanced Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for an area or business segment. Has the experience or expertise to solve problems. Able to develop and execute objectives for self and others. This role has the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
The EMC Specialist will consult with teams across the Avionics business to support a variety of both Military and Commercial projects, covering all aspects of the EMC.
* Provide technical leadership to personnel/ cross functional teams supporting the assigned project
* Implement plans with guidance to meet technical requirements of assigned components and systems
* Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues/ problems
* Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
* Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements
* Participate and present or review in technical and program reviews
* Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Work with projects and customers to define appropriate EMC/EMI test requirements at component, LRU and system level.
* Work with projects and teams to develop EMI strategies.
* Creation of EMC documentation (Test Procedures, Control Plans, Design/Investigation Reports and presentations) based on customer requirements.
* Estimate EMC activities/schedules.
* Define and develop representative EMC test systems.
* Support EMC testing at various facilities.
* Influence product designs to meet EMC requirements (including PCB layouts).
* Review EMC test reports.
* Management of EMC issues to arrive at a successful outcome.
* Provide technical input on EMC/EMI related matters to customers and suppliers as required.
* Production and maintenance of best practice and design guidelines.
* Assess impact of changes during lifecycle of products.
* Provide coaching and mentoring on EMC/EMI for the wider engineering community.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with significant experience in Engineering) or equivalent level of knowledge and experience in electronic engineering or a related subject.
* Moderate amount of demonstrable experience in an EM environment.
* Significant experience of performing EMC testing and working in test lab environment.
* Experienced in the creation of EMC documentation (Test Procedures, Control Plans, Design/Investigation Reports and presentations) based on customer requirements.
* Ability to diagnose and resolve EMC issues at System, Unit and down to component level on Board Assemblies.
* Proven experience in electronics design for EMC, HIRF and Lightning.
* Able to work effectively in a team environment.
* Used to working within a recognised quality system.
* Experience with the specification and selection of components.
* Capable of Technical Liaison with Suppliers and Customers.
* Having the organisational skills to deliver to budget and schedule with minimal supervision.
* Willing to travel, sometimes internationally, when required.
* The skills to identify and develop new approaches and solutions.
* Ability to interface directly with customers.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
* Ability to coordinate work for multiple projects simultaneously.
* Effective problem identification and solution skills.
* Proven analytical and organizational ability.
* Knowledge of Avionics and Defence EMC test standards e.g. MIL-STD-461, DEF-STAN59-41(1), RTCA DO-160.
* Knowledge of airframe manufacturer EMC specifications e.g. Boeing, Airbus, and AgustaWestlands.
* Experience of designing EMC Test systems and support equipment.
* Ability to manage outsource suppliers and subcontractors.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: United Kingdom; Cheltenham