11 months ago
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
Vacancy - Lead Engineer
Location - Enfield
Salary - Up to £50,000 + per annum Amazing pension up to 22% + Bonus
Job Family - Engineering
Johnson Matthey have a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Engineer who will ensure that our operational needs and objectives can be met through the provision of engineering technical expertise to the maintenance teams and the operation.
Through management of a team of engineering technical resource, the Lead Engineer will provide a level of mechanical, electrical and software controls escalation for the maintenance technician teams. Deputise for Maintenance Manager during periods of absence and/or operational demands supporting the day to day running and co-ordination of site maintenance activities. Deliver changes to our equipment and processes including controls and automation through the administration of our management of change procedure. Using problem-solving tools, provide support to improvements in equipment reliability.
· Proactively promote a positive Health & Safety culture and ensure adherence to JM policies (including HR/EHS/Security).
· Support an overall improvement in EHS performance by utilising the Enablon reporting system to highlight and implement improvements to our current processes or equipment.
· To support our continuous improvement program through delivery of improvements in equipment availability, utilizing established problem-solving tools including root cause analysis.
· To provide technical input into our capital projects and be a point of contact.
· To provide support to the development and continual review of engineering standards and procedures.
· Manage a team of technical expertise ensuring work prioritization and level of expertise is maintained so that operational needs are met, and maintenance teams supported.
· Deputise for Maintenance Manager and support the day to day co-ordination of site maintenance activities
Are you the ideal candidate?
· Bachelor of Engineering degree in core Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
· Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals in either Mechanical, Electrical, Electromechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
· Good knowledge of Asset Management Systems (CMMS) e.g. SAP PM, Maximo, Piranha
· Understanding of asset integrity and EHS critical equipment
· Proficient in the use of the Microsoft office suite: Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Project
· ILM 3 or equivalent leadership qualification or at least 3 years’ experience in leadership role
· Experience working in a regulated environment (e.g. COMAH, Chemical, Oil & Gas etc.)
About Johnson Matthey
Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
Efficient Natural Resources is an autonomous business, one of four sectors within Johnson Matthey, with revenues of circa £1 billion (circa £7 billion including precious metals) and operations worldwide.
Platinum Group Metal Services (PGMS) is one of four businesses within the Efficient Natural Resources Sector that manages, distributes, refines and recycles precious metals and fabricates products using precious metals and related materials. The business unit also manufactures platinum group metals, minor metal compounds, organometallics and fine metal powders for high technology applications, as well as providing a range of management services for platinum group metals.
PGMS has manufacturing operations in the UK, US and China and sells to key markets globally across Europe, the US and Asia.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. A full job description is available on request from UKRecruitment@matthey.com. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online –
Closing date for applications: 01 March 2020
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.