5 months ago
Aug 17, 2019
Reading, BERKS, GB, RG2 0BY
Exeter, DEVON, GB, EX2 7HU
Chester, CHES, GB, CH1 3AE
Redhill, SURREY, GB, RH1 1SH
Swansea, S GLAM, GB, SA7 9DD
Black & Veatch Family of Companies
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Req Id : 3535
Job Title : Lead Engineer
Business Unit Sector : PCL-WTR EMEIA
Work Location : UKREADING6, UKCHESTER, UKEXETER2, UKREDHILL, UKSWANSEA2
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project :
Black & Veatch is recruiting a Lead Engineer to join their Water Services team. The team consults, delivers and manages Critical Human Infrastructure projects in the Water and Flood Risk Management sector. Operating as a design lead to the engineering team(s) in a base office or Client co-located environment, the candidate for this role should have a strong technical base have good experience in the appraisal and design of water infrastructure schemes. The primary purpose of the role is to undertake and co-ordinate design within a multi-disciplinary engineering team ensuring consistent quality and timeliness of output.
You will work closely with clients, junior team members and other specialist teams throughout the business to deliver the projects.
The role is suitable for an experienced Chartered Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer (preferably through the ICE/IMechE/IET though other institutes/institutions would be considered). You should be able to demonstrate skills, knowledge and experience in the following areas:
* Coordination of design outputs across all technical disciplines.
* Delivery of the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget.
* Organisation of the work required and documenting in the Design Management Plan.
* Ensuring that an adequate Technical, Safety and Environmental review is carried out for each project.
* Oversight of production of design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
* Ensuring that company/Client standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible.
* Agreement of the design cost budget and monitoring performance against the budget and providing forecast costs to completion for individual projects.
* Recording, monitoring and controlling design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency.
* Preparation of monthly project status reports.
* Raising and resolving technical queries.
* Establishing working relationships with Client and staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs.
* Contributing to ensuring a safe working environment for all staff.
* Maintaining a positive and solution-oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
* Being aware of the need to satisfy customer requirements with the aim of enhancing the customers’ perception and satisfaction.
Education & training:
Training in current H&S design legislation expected.
Academic & profess’l qualif’ns:
* Degree or equivalent qualification.
* Chartered in a construction discipline
Background & experience:
A record of working in the water industry on water or wastewater projects. Ideally experience of undertaking feasibility, outline and detailed design and having supervised engineers of all disciplines in these areas.
Experience of directing engineers and managing small teams.
A good knowledge of water/wastewater treatment and the processes for working up design proposals for acceptance by clients.
Good knowledge/appreciation of main disciplines.
Understanding of Client needs and being aware of the need to satisfy customer requirements with the aim of enhancing the customers’ perception and satisfaction.
Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Engineering Manager, Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Engineering