6 months ago
Job number: UK11827
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Engineering - Design
Region/State: West Midlands
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Engineer to join our Highways team to work in Warwick.
What you'll be doing
As a Lead Engineer you will:
* Adhere to the ‘Zero Harm’ safety process at all times;
* Provide a customer focused/service/commercial approach to work;
* Be responsible for the supervision of Technology Engineers within the South and North Area’s;
* Be responsible for developing fault reduction strategies within each sector;
* Ensure systems are above the required 97% availability target through efficient and effective working.
Who we're looking for
* Be qualified to HNC or B/TEC Higher National Certificate in electronics/ telecommunications engineering (or an agreed equivalent qualification), or have extensive experience working on Motorway communications or closely related systems;
* Have good knowledge of HA communications infrastructure and standards;
* Have good knowledge of HA testing / TMMM requirements;
* Have NMCS 2 Communications experience i.e. good all round technology experience e.g. MIDAS, CCTV, VMS, ERTs, NTIS, HAWIS, Traffic Signals etc;
* Be able to work in different areas of the network and be flexible on working approaches.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.