9 months ago
The Lead Electro-Mechanical Engineer is characterised by strong product knowledge, self-motivation, leadership traits and a continuous improvement mind-set.
The candidate would be expected to own specific products and engage in all aspects of Subsea Controls Engineering and have proven design experience of high reliability, low volume and custom design equipment
* Interpretation and communication of industry and international codes and standards.
* Interpretation and implementation of client standards and global practices.
* Ensuring and verify technical compliance of products with specification, codes, standards, legislation and client technical requirements.
* Engagement with all relevant stakeholders (internal and external) developing and maintaining effective relationships/partnerships in order to meet programme schedule.
* Generation and / or review of technical procurement specifications, parts and document suites.
* Product and task ownership including the generation of robust design files to demonstrate due diligence.
* Ensuring that product design conforms with field proven or qualified technologies.
* Promoting Compliance, Quality & HSE integrity through developing succinct procedures, work instructions, product and process related documentation and creatively promote their use.
* Professional representation of GE in client and vendor focussed design review.
* Technically drive contribution to vendor selection processes.
* Continuously contribute to department and site goals and objectives.
* Act as a change agent in the business with energy, passion & enthusiasm to support business activities and alignment of processes to meet business needs.
* Takes responsibility in working across global SPS Engineering Teams to deliver solutions to assigned work packages.
* Demonstrates ability to multi-task and work to agreed schedules and be ‘commercially aware' in engineering solutions.
* Implement initiatives and best practices to continuously improve the Inquiry to Order (ITO) & Order to Remittance (OTR) responsiveness of the organization to customer and business needs.
* Working closely with the New Product Initiative (NPI) team to support the delivery of NPI programs and assisting in defining the technology gaps to drive future NPI alignment.
* Management and review of outsourced (internal or external) work packages and removal of barriers to achieve success.
* Responsible for demonstrating adherence to schedule and budget commitments for assigned packages of work.
* Degree in Electro-Mechanical Engineering OR either discipline with ability to understand details OR International equivalent and work experience on closely related equipment.
* Proven experience in Electrical Actuation products, Design for manufacture and Manufacturing Engineering
* Demonstrated understanding of product development lifecycles, design and document change control.
* Simulation and analysis experience and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Self-motivated and able to work both individually and as part of a team.
* Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities.
* Proven ability to achieve business’ targets.
* Strong technical problem solving and report out.
* Resilient & persistent under all circumstances.
* Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
* You must have unrestricted authorization to work in Country of posting.
* Availability to travel internationally for project needs and for short term
* Ability to collaborate seamlessly across boundaries and international cultures
* Fluent English Speaker
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Experience and knowledge of the design and operation of Subsea Production Control Systems, Valves and Electric subsea infrastructure.
* Continuous improvement mind-set.
* Experience of working in a global team.
* Computer base knowledge (MS Word/Excel/Outlook/CAD).
* Attention to detail.
* Display confidence in a fast-paced work environment
* Ability to work unsupervised.
* Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Outstanding creativity and ability to communicate ideas.
* Customer Focus.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield
products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion
and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely,
with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE,
the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying
breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service
infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the
Locations: United Kingdom; Nailsea
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.