16 days ago
Lead Electrical Commissioning Engineer - closing date 16th April
Reading, Oxford, Newbury, Basingstoke, Guildford
We are looking for a talented Lead Electrical Commissioning Engineer with water/wastewater sector experience to join our growing team.
This is a new framework for MMB and as such you will have the opportunity to be involved in developing relationships with the client, grow your professional network, and contribute to setting the framework foundations and the way we deliver. This role will provide you with the opportunity to further develop your technical and management skills, with excellent long-term potential to advance your career.
* Discipline lead the EICA delivery of clean and wastewater projects and the commissioning process from detailed design phase through procurement, installation, testing and commissioning to project completion and handover for the client AMP 7 Framework
* Ensure EICA procurement and installation is compliant with design, technical specifications, and client asset standards
* Provide expert commissioning skills to ensure client’s performance criteria is met
* Production, management and review of risk assessments and method statements for EICA works
* Provide a “first point of contact” for Operations Managers and Contracts managers for project related EICA installation and commissioning requirements
* Provide technical support and advice for site based electrical and commissioning engineers
* Ensure site-based electrical staff training is updated and attended
* Provide constructive structured feedback to the design teams to drive continuous improvement
* Liaison with client discipline engineers, project team, subcontractors, and suppliers
* Lead process safety compliance in the context of site works and site generated records
* Manage and supervise electrical safety on site and ensure compliance with MMB management systems
* Review H&S performance for the team and ensure that action is taken where improvement is required,
* Lead/chair project-based commissioning meetings
* Attendance and discipline lead in meetings including design review meetings, progress meetings HAZOP, OPMAN & HAZCOMM etc throughout design construction and handover periods.
* Ensure quality documentation and records are developed and maintained for all EICA installations
* Produce and approve commissioning and completion documentation such as commissioning plans and programmes, O&M Manuals, as-built drawings, HAZCOMM, Inspection & Test Plans etc
* Ensure regular forward planning / performance review meetings with key supply chain subcontractors
* Electrical Lead to ensure compliance with MMB and Client Electrical CoP during the construction and commissioning phases.
* Comprehensive working knowledge and experience of electrical process plant fault-finding and solution solving capabilities
* Correct electrical qualifications to be approved to work on client's electrical equipment and be able to read and interpret single line drawings
* Experience in the process / water industry
* Preparation and understanding of technical reports and documentation to a high level
* Excellent communication skills
* Experienced in design, construction, and commissioning stages
* Environmentally and commercially aware
Salary range is competitive, commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB), our fully integrated engineering feasibility, design, construction, and commissioning business, has been appointed as a partner to Thames Water’s 5-year AMP7 capital works programme. The programme will improve clean and wastewater services to 15M customers across London and the Thames Valley, as well as improving the environment. This appointment gives us direct allocation to a multimillion-pound programme of water and wastewater non-infrastructure and infrastructure projects.
Job category (multi-select)
Civil, Commercial, Construction, Contracts, Cost, Electrical, Estimating, Finance & accounting, Infrastructure, Materials, Mechanical, Operations, Plant, Procurement, Quantity surveying, Site, Utility, Water
Lead Electrical Commissioning Engineer - closing date 16th April | Mott MacDonald