7 months ago
Requisition ID: 198237
Lead Document Controller
THIS IS A CONTRACTOR ROLE - AGENCY ONLY
The role of Lead Document Controller is an integral part of the business and will be an experienced, professional document management practitioner providing leadership with regards to promoting the meaning and purpose of information management on project.
Operating as part of the Document Management team, you will report to the Project Manager and the general scope of the role will be to analyze, recommend, map and implement information and documentation work processes and data flows. The incumbent shall have a strong understanding of information management systems and a thorough knowledge of specific subject matters, such as information management practices and procedures, and collaboration platforms.
Work Location: The primary work location for this assignment is London, UK.
Job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assure compliance with ISO 9001 management procedures and commitments, with a primary focus on control or documents and records management, as well as overseeing updates and communicating changes to the document change management processes.
- Collect, clean, transform data for management reporting
· Introduce and or manage changes to work processes to maximise value and promote efficient working
· Ability to use Excel as a tool, capability to prepare and maintain an excel spreadsheet as required to involve the use of formula for data checking / manipulation – Essential
- Creates/establishes reports using server-based report generating software
- Develop metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Recommend, agree and implement courses of action for work process development, including working with systems implementation specialists to gain maximum leverage from present systems capability.
- Establish procedures and work instructions for business processes where required
- Develop ongoing improvement of processes, where this is shown to be necessary.
- Develop and maintain Bechtel Records Retention & Turnover Plan
- Ensure the security of Bechtel’s intellectual property.
- Ensure records Bechtel requires for retention are efficiently captured.
- Contribute content to the Information Management (IM) Knowledge Management website and discussion groups.
Required Job Knowledge:
- Degree in Information Management or a related subject - Ideal
- Demonstrable knowledge of industry and regulatory standards for information management e.g. ISO9001 or BS1192
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience preferably in Civil/Infrastructure related information management operations
· Proven experience in the following systems/platforms: Aconex & Asite - Essential
- Proven work process mapping and development
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Proven knowledge of information lifecycle and data flow requirements on an engineering and construction project
- Familiar with information security concepts
The successful applicant for this position, located at a UK airport, will be required to submit to a basic level criminal record check that shows no disqualifying unspent cautions or convictions (see
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.