11 months ago
AutoReq ID 131411BR
Job Title Lead DevOps Engineer - KPMG Lighthouse
Country United Kingdom
Function Solutions & Digital
Service Line Lighthouse
Service Line Information
KPMG Overview Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Joining our TechSolutions business, the DevOps Lead will be a hands-on leader within the CloudOps team. Responsible for a small team of engineers, helping to design and deliver cloud-based solutions for clients and helping to define strategic direction for the larger team. The CloudOps team develop infrastructure as code for new cloud-based environments, supervising the Cloud support management, oversee deployment and configuration tools, manage cloud resources, manage access to environments, etc. The DevOps Lead will work with a great team who are already defining the strategy and direction of our cloud infrastructure, with a dual-cloud strategy of AWS and Azure, with a private cloud capability coming soon.
- Lead small teams in the delivery of key projects.
- Define architectures and deployment strategies for multiple, distinct projects across different technology stacks.
- Help to spread knowledge of the team around the firm.
- Study and implement new tools for increased productivity, security, reliability and performance.
- Develop tools and services useful in DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration, continuous integration/build servers and cloud resource creation scripts.
- Responsible of documentation of current and newly implemented environments with associated troubleshooting steps.
Experience and Background
- Hands on experience with Amazon cloud solutions and architectures design (EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, RDS, CloudWatch etc.).
- Continuous integration and source control (TeamCity/Bamboo/Jenkins, Git/Stash).
- Past experience in a DevOps/Agile role highly desired.
- Security concepts, protocols and configuration (authentication, authorization, encryption, PKI).
- Experience in risk management processes and security by design highly desired.
- A strong technical foundation in enabling agile build, release and environments.
- Comfortable with both detailed architecture and hands on delivery.
- User or administrator experience with any/all of Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, Stash, Bamboo), TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, New Relic.
- AWS certified Architect Associate. Professional highly desired.
- Microsoft Azure Architecture experience.
- Hands-on Azure experience.
Qualification and Skills
- Strong and demonstrated team working experience.
- Ability to lead, mentor and develop teams.
- Project management experience.
- All DevOps or Cloud qualifications will be considered. AWS-specific highly desired.
- Persuasive power to communicate with a variety of stakeholders in the organization.
- Creative problem solving ability, working in ambiguous situations.
Our Deal At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
Flexible Working While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
At KPMG, we recognise that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand and appreciate that those with experience who have taken a career break still have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Developer, Risk Management, Project Manager, CSR, Technology, Finance, Management