about 1 year ago
Lead Developer C# C++ - Stevenage
Role Title and Location: Lead Developer C# C++ - Stevenage
Job Ref No: P7530
Directorate: Technical/ Systems & Missile Design / Weapon System Architecture & Equipment
MBDA Level of role: L5
Reports to: Head of Weapon Systems Simulation & Experimentation Stevenage
* We have a fantastic opportunity for a driven and passionate developer within our simulation and experimentation team. We are looking for a developer to take a lead role and agile methodology to produce simulation components for one of MBDA’s weapon system.
* This is ahands-on role requiringdevelopment of simulation software in C#/C++
* Use agile techniques to lead the technical management of a small software development team to meet the weapon system requirements.
* Development (using agile scrum methodologies) of real-time software components to simulate MBDA weapon systems.
* Integration of simulink models and real hardware components.
What’s in it for you?
* Joining a end-user focused team to deliver innovative solutions using the latest technologies.
* Manage and maintain effective relationships with Internal and External Customers plus other Functions to deliver Weapon System programmes.
* Opportunity to work with International Teams, with some international travel.
* Work that combines the skills of broad view Systems Engineering and technical challenges of Synthetic Environment Engineering
What’s great about the team?
* You will be joining a department that has advanced the use of distributed simulation in Weapon System Design and Development
* You will be working with internationally and industry recognised members of the simulation community
* You will be joining a team delivering advanced International Projects that need your inspired approach and enthusiasm
What are we looking for?
* Ideally engineering degree qualified or equivalent experience
* Experience of simulation standards (DIS and HLA)
* Practical software engineering and/or System integration experience
* C#/C++ development including web services
* Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)