10 months ago
Reporting to the Senior Design Engineer the Lead Design Engineer will direct and support activities to achieve the safe implementation of signalling projects to the customer’s specifications and timescales agreed. Check that the quality of output from the section is to the required standards and that target dates are achieved.
What are my responsibilities?
* Monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing are met and effect remedial action when required
* Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved
* Assist in the preparation of contract specifications for all projects. Evaluate quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available deal for the Company
* Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation if projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
* Participate in planning and programming of resources to meet the requirements of allocated projects
* Identify the required programme provision for allocated projects to enable target dates to be met
* Assist in the forecast of resource requirements necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided
* Perform duties as directed by management from time to time, including site works
* Safety responsibility in terms of Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (essential)
* Previous experience in Railway Signalling Systems (essential)
* IRSE Principles Designer License 1.1.130
The Siemens Infrastructure & Cities Sector with approximately 90,000 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Sector comprises the divisions Building Technologies, Low and Medium Voltage, Mobility and Logistics, Rail Systems and Smart Grid.
Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges, across the key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure & cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Requisition ID: 263710
Career Level: not defined
Full time only