3 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Plc are currently recruiting for a Lead Commissioning Manager who will lead an established team of Commissioning professionals to deliver high quality services to clients across the Nuclear Sector.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage a range of projects and associated employees throughout the whole commissioning process to final delivery; delivering projects safely, to client satisfaction, to quality standards and budget.
The Lead Commissioning Manager will report to the Senior Project Manager and shall be accountable for several multi-disciplinary projects.
The lead Commissioning Manager will be responsible for:
* The Delivery of the project commissioning to programme and to ensure that all commissioning activities are carried out in accordance with Woods standards and requirements
* Ensure the implementation of the PEP
* Promote and demonstrate a positive health and safety culture in commissioning
* To improve commissioning safety performance to meet Company targets
* Develop competent commissioning resources
* Improve project delivery performance and to meet project and company targets.
* To support the Wood Project Manager to build client confidence in project delivery of the commissioning phase
* To work with the Wood Project Manager to ensure that the commissioning personnel used to carry out the commissioning and / or monitor sub-contractors carrying it out on Wood behalf are aware of their project, contract and statutory obligations
* To ensure that suitable and sufficient competent resources are available for all key project commissioning roles to meet programme needs and to enable efficient project delivery for ensuring risk identification, management and employ mitigation actions to achieve project expectationsTo develop and implement the project commissioning strategy
* To develop and maintain the commissioning programme for the project where commissioning is subcontracted out, to ensure that subcontractor’s proposed commissioning management procedures and arrangements will achieve the standard of commissioning expected by both Wood and the Client
Skills / Qualifications
* Must be able to gain SC secuirty clearence
* Due to the nature of this role successful applicatants will need to be a UK National
* Excellent communication skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.