3 months ago
Job ID : 85762BR_2
Location : United Kingdom - Glasgow
United Kingdom - Paisley
Lead Analyst – Commercial Data Projects
A Lead Analyst is required to establish & drive commercial data initiatives across EMEA. Candidates must have significant technical experience in related analytical role(s) combined with the ability to drive and influence complex multi-functional projects to completion. The successful candidate must have an understanding of Data Science/Big Data concepts & how they enable commercial organizations to gain competitive advantage.
It is important that candidates have a passion for seeking out opportunities in data analytics/automation & translating them into simple, meaningful business solutions for commercial teams to execute on.
Key Goals & Responsibilities:
* Drives and influences data analytics/automation multi-functional projects
* Partners with global data science teams to identify & lead suitable projects for the EMEA region
* Works with EMEA Biosciences Division (BID) commercial leadership to identify EMEA specific commercial project opportunities
* Co-ordinates validation & delivery of data science initiatives for BID projects
* Ensures data science output is actionable & easy to understand
* Promotes early adoption of market leading tools & practices
* Drives continuous improvement of data automation/architecture
* Utilizes technical skills to scrutinize new & existing tools & processes.
* Makes technical recommendations for change/improvements to commercial processes e.g. forecasting, target setting
How will these be achieved? Include day to day activities
* Provides EMEA BID representations & feedback to global data science forums. Gains insight on prospective projects & feeds in EMEA specific requirements.
* Establishes multi- functional stakeholder’s groups (FP&A, Marketing, IT, SFE & Pricing, Sales) to promote common understanding of data sciences/automation project objectives
* Must have extensive technical analytics experience across a commercial function
* Exposure to multi-discipline projects
* Excellent communication/influencing skills
* Experience with data visualization tools e.g. Power BI, Business Objects, Tableau
* Proficiency in query languages e.g. SQL is an advantage
* Good understanding of data science toolkits & methodologies
* Experience in Database Administration a distinct advantage
What’s in it for you?
This role is an excellent opportunity to work for a world leader in the Science industry and really influence the future strategy of the organisation and its products. Plus we offer many benefits and a competitive remuneration package.
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days – what we do has great purpose. Through passion and teamwork, we share expertise and innovation with our customers to advance technologies and develop meaningful solutions – making a difference in the world.