3 months ago
Layout Engineer - Electrical
Layout Engineer - Electrical, Aztec West Bristol, Permanent, Competitive Salary & Benefits
Edvance is a joint venture between EDF and Framatome, an EPCC established in 2018. Edvance UK is the UK branch of Edvance SAS and is currently dedicated to the design of BNI for Hinkley Point C (and preparations for Sizewell C).
We are based in a newly refurbished, modern office on Aztec West in Bristol. There are over 300 of us here and we’re proud that it can feel like a big multi-cultural family - we have 40 different nationalities. Everyone who works here is on secondment. Our out-going Business Manager has been here 5 years and has helped to set up and shape what we are today.
The Plant Layout Configuration Engineer assists the building leader in the technical coordination, production and monitoring of layout engineering studies for one or more buildings by proposing technical solutions. Their focus is on ensuring that the configuration of the plant and equipment is consistent between the 3D model and the supplier design.
• Progress monitoring and change management.
• Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering teams, identifying solutions to ensure consistency.
• Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points.
• Regularly carries out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
• Prepares a regular status report on the model in the light of the latest input data.
• Ensures the configuration of systems and equipment is consistent between the system design, layout model and contract information.
• Review of drawings and providing layout and configuration guidance.
• Monitoring design status and managing the change mechanisms.
General layout engineering
• Receives the input data for the layout engineering of the building (Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, equipment data, cable list, electrical load list, etc.), analyses them and verifies their technical consistency.
• Carries out layout engineering or makes proposals to improve the layout.
o Lays out the various mechanical and electrical equipment.
o Carries out a check of the consistency between the process & instrumentation diagrams and the 3D model.
• Writes the related technical documents (progress reports, equipment introduction note, change impact analysis, design procedures, etc.).
• Issues the layout drawings to the various teams and coordinates their layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules.
Interactions with all groups/sections related to the building and in particular with the building leaders and civil engineers, systems and components engineers and team in charge of managing the equipment contracts.
• Qualified to Degree Level and experience in one or more areas of engineering: piping engineering, mechanical, HVAC, safety
• Some experience of 2D and 3D design software (PDMS, AutoCAD, Navisworks…)
• Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules for an industrial project.
• Knowledge of the general operation of a nuclear power station (or similar industrial facility)) and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to flooding, fire, radiological protection, high energy line ruptures, etc.).
• Microsoft Office
• Fluent in English to a level where the candidate is able to chair meetings and produce detailed reports.
• French speaker
• Detailed PDMS user knowledge
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a defined benefit pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
These roles are advertised on a full-time/part-time basis as standard with the opportunity to discuss flexible working arrangements.
We’re an inclusive, disability confident employer and recognise the importance of employee well-being.
We’re about the people who work with us and we celebrate their diversities and embrace the value that their differences bring. We believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation, with a number of employer networks and benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We're proud to be the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity. We believe that, together, we can create a cleaner, low-carbon future.
Through innovation, dedication, and a firm commitment to electric and renewable energy – we believe we can change everyone’s future for the better.
Join us. Generation Electric. Everyone’s welcome