about 1 month ago
Career Opportunities: Large Project Controller (35329)
Requisition ID 35329 - Posted 01/02/2021 - United Kingdom - General - Posting Location (5)
Job Description Print Preview
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
Are you interested in joining one of the leading consulting companies, creating value for customers, people and societies world-wide Can you add to our success, whilst also developing your career and reputation Then join us in designing the future!
JOIN COWI INTERNATIONAL'S TEAM
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings and planning. Together with our over 6,500 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
DESIGN THE FUTURE WITH A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
We are looking for a Senior Large Project Controller to be responsible for the financial management of large/high-risk/complex projects that COWI UK are involved in. Based in any one of our UK offices (Glasgow, York, Derby, Uttoxeter, Derby or London) and occasionally travelling to the others, you'll ensure transparent and valid project economy, exercising leadership and assisting our Project Managers in taking responsibility for finances on key projects.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll be responsible for:
* Providing financial knowledge to Project and Portfolio Managers in making project critical decisions
* Exercising leadership on projects and take responsibility for root/cause fixing across the finance disciplines
* Driving strategic development across defined area of expertise
* Identification and mitigation of project risks to prevent any financial surprises
* Providing detailed financial analysis and monitoring financial performance
* Presenting financial topics and information
* Proper and timely invoicing and improving cash flow
* Ensuring control and compliance on projects are met
* Presenting a true and fair view of financial dispositions
* Ensuring appropriate risk and cash management is completed
* Provide technical and process-related support to junior members, including our Global Financial Services team
* Building and developing strong supporting relationships with key customers within the business, together with both local and corporate finance function
* Ad hoc tasks to support UK and Group Finance and with the Business.
COWI is a leader within our field, because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER, WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You'll contribute your expertise and get to learn from the best.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you'll be a team player with excellent English communications skills, including writing, proofing and editing with an eye for detail.
* Have previous experience in a similar role within the engineering sector
* Hold GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
* Preferably have knowledge of Deltek Maconomy with a desire to become an advanced user of Cockpit (COWI tailored version of Maconomy)
* Have good Excel skills and solid understanding of accounting principles
* Full UK Driving licence
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
Please call our Recruitment Partner, Ciaran Gilfedder on--******.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing. The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
Email this job to a friend
The job has been sent to
Please provide the information below
*Your email address:
*Your friend’s email address:
*Confirm you are not a robot:
Powered by SuccessFactors