9 months ago
Landscape Architecture Technician (LON0000P8)
: United Kingdom-Solihull-Solihull
: Landscape Architecture
At Arup, we design and deliver ground breaking and iconic projects through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we’re a global firm of designers, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Arup provides an integrated approach and delivers sustainable solutions to the design of infrastructure, cities and complex urban and rural environments. We are a team of environmental specialists including, landscape architects, ecologists, land contamination consultants, archaeologists, environmental impact consultants and sustainability experts working on a variety of projects across the world. We are differentiated from our competitors by our ability to combine skills to solve particularly complex or unusual problems and help our clients to create an integrated vision with a full commitment to develop successful and sustainable places.
We are looking for a skilled architectural design technician to join our Landscape Architecture team, to undertake various digital drafting tasks supporting the team’s bidding and project activities.
Arup’s portfolio is exciting and diverse, exposing our employees to a range of project scales and types, each offering their own opportunity for personal development. With the primary responsibility to support your senior team, your typical day to day responsibilities could include:
• Preparation of technical/illustrative plans, maps and drawings;
• Creation of 3D digital models;
• Production of graphics and illustrations for reports and other technical documents;
• Planning your workload so that you can deliver on time or ahead of target
The successful candidate would work with the growing Landscape team and report directly to the Midlands landscape team leader.
Requirements and skills
We’re looking for a technician with a passion for quality, personal drive and technical knowhow. The candidate should have an interest in developing technologies and be prepared to suggest and develop ideas around enhancing our deliverables through improvements in technology. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the landscape industry and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Aided Design or similar;
• Strong proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite and Sketchup (or other 3D digital modelling software);
• Ability to understand and respond to the needs of a project brief and take instruction from senior technical staff.
• Ability to suggest alternative approaches to delivering a drawing or figure, that would improve the quality or efficiency of the product.
• Strong team working skills.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of staff
• Interest in developing knowledge
• Digital Landscape Visualisation
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Closing date for applications - 21st March