5 months ago
Landscape Architect / Senior Landscape Architect
The WYG Landscape Team is an award-winning group of over 20 professionals located across the UK with a successful 40-year track record. We typically work with our own multidisciplinary teams of experts, all working at the leading edge of design, development and economic planning. The collaborative nature of how we work at WYG, combined with our creative and dynamic approach to landscape design, allows us to better understand the issues involved in the generation of real value as well as grounding our projects with a clear focus on feasibility and delivery.
To assist in the delivery of our expanding portfolio of projects, we are looking for talented designers and career minded individuals to join our London team. Whilst the role will be based in our London city centre office, the positions offer an opportunity to play a key role in projects located across the UK and overseas. Current projects include landscape-led masterplanning; preparation of landscape strategies; LVIA / appraisals for residential, mixed use and renewable energy schemes; and, detailed landscape and public realm design.
The role will require you to:
* Creatively input into a wide range of schemes.
* Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team (both internal and external).
* Undertake design development from outline designs to tender and working drawings.
* Travel to project sites carrying out or assisting with landscape survey work and carry out the appropriate analysis and presentation of the survey information in accordance with guidelines.
* Help to prepare Landscape Appraisals and LVIAs for Environmental Statements / EIA Reports.
* To attend and participate confidently and effectively at landscape and design team meetings.
You will need:
* Strong design capability / creativity.
* An undergraduate degree in Landscape Architecture or related subject and a Diploma or Post Graduate qualification in Landscape Architecture or related subject.
* You to be a Chartered Member of Landscape Institute.
* Knowledge and experience of LVIA methodology (GLVIA Third Edition).
* Good written, oral, analytical and interpersonal communication skills and ability to plan and organise work independently.
* An organised and efficient approach to delivering projects within tight timescales.
* Computer literacy including the use of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD/LandCADD, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), CorelDraw, SketchUp. Basic GIS and/or ReSoft WindFarrn experience would be advantageous although training can be provided if required.
* A full UK driving license.
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
* We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
* We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
* From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.