4 months ago
Jun 7, 2019
Redhill, SURREY, GB, RH1 1SH
Black & Veatch Family of Companies
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Req Id : 290
Job Title : Landscape Architect
Business Unit Sector : PCL-WTR EMEIA
Work Location : UKREDHILL
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project :
Eng & Technical Specialities
ENS: Eng & Technical Specialties
Black & Veatch are recruiting for a Landscape Architect to join either our Chester or Redhill office.
Black and Veatch Ltd. is one of the UK's leading engineering and environment consultancies, specialising in water, energy and environment projects.
With an expanding portfolio across the water, energy and transport sectors, we are looking for a Landscape Architect to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity be part of an award-winning landscape team and help to shape critical infrastructure projects across the UK and beyond. We pride ourselves on developing sustainable and innovative solutions, combining excellence in design with attention to detail to deliver multiple benefits for communities and the natural environment. We are a registered Landscape Practice with the Landscape Institute and hold the IEMA EIA Quality Mark.
We can offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, a new and modern office environment, and a supportive and friendly team. We provide mentoring and training to staff on the Pathway to Chartership, a commitment to CPD, and will pay for up to two Professional Institute subscriptions.
The role may be based in either our Redhill or Chester offices. Candidates will ideally be CMLI qualified, however we would like to hear from you if you feel you can fulfil the following:
• passion and advocacy for landscape and the natural environment
• enthusiasm for landscape appraisals, landscape planning, and LVIA
• strong design skills, from high level concepts through to detailed technical drawings
• landscape advice on major infrastructure projects including flood risk management, water utility, and renewable/ energy
• interest in ecological design and habitat creation
• ability to produce clear and persuasive landscape illustrations and visualisations
• articulate and confident in written and verbal communication
• effective liaison with project teams, clients, stakeholders and the public
• good organisational skills, and ability to work relatively independently
• AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite skills
• a degree and post grad diploma (or Masters) in landscape architecture
• a full UK driving licence
Flexible working will be considered for this role.
A relevant degree in environmental or Landscape.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Architecture, Engineer, AutoCAD, CAD, Drafting, Engineering