6 months ago
Job number: UK15178
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, South West, Bridgwater
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a LAND SURVEYOR to join our Major Projects team to work in Bristol.
What you'll be doing
As a LAND SURVEYOR, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Co-operate with the Project team on project requirements;
* Co-operate with subcontractors on their requirements, agree with the Project Manager;
* Attend site meetings;
* To support the working parties, which result from project and OpCo needs with respect to surveying activities;
* Review and update Surveying Services Manual;
* Ensure co -operation of site survey staff with project teams (healthy relationship);
* Provide KPIs to develop best practice.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Fully competent in the use of AutoCAD software and GPS based surveying equipment;
* To maintain competence to provide the project needs;
* Identifying surveying training needs - development;
* To ensure the surveying competence of surveyors (both internal and external) within the project teams.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.