3 months ago
We are looking for a highly motivated and diligent LabVIEW Specialist to join our MEMS microphone engineering team based in our state-of-the art facility in Edinburgh. You’ll work in a fast paced, dynamic and creative environment; quickly becoming a valued part of our team enabling next generation products. This is an exciting opportunity for a LabView Specialist to directly contribute to the MEMS engineering team and lead the development of future test platforms. This role offers real development in a global organization with a focus on innovation.
* Responsible for the development of innovative test software and hardware to support the design of the latest MEMS technology
* Leads cross functional teams to drive complex problems to resolution
* Develops new LabVIEW architectures to support the latest customer requirements
* Provides leadership and mentorship to junior engineers
* Development and debug of complex innovative electronic hardware and software to support device validation and characterisation
* Prototype integrated circuit debug
* Interface with internal and external customers to resolve customer related issues
* Create and deliver to project schedules
* Develop new tools, test techniques and methods independent from existing practices
Required Skills and Qualifications
* Degree or other higher level qualification in electronics, software or other relevant field with relevant experience.
* Solid background in LabView and analogue circuit design
* A National Instruments CLA qualification or equivalent experience developing automated tests in LabVIEW and TestStand
* Has a proven track record of developing and architecting highly complex LabVIEW solutions
* Has an in-depth understanding of analogue test and acquisition.
* Hardware circuit design and schematic entry experience
* Ability to develop and execute test plans against device-level and system-level specifications
* Excellent analytical skills and excellent cognitive abilities combined with a logical approach to problem solving.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Attention to detail when working to tight timescales.
* Demonstrate initiative and deal with constantly evolving priorities and competing demands.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* Hands on experience with standard electronic bench test equipment (multi-meters, Oscilloscope, Frequency domain signal analysers)
* SQL coding experience
* Familiarity with other LabVIEW related programs such as TestStand Semiconductor Module, DAQmx and LabVIEW FPGA