10 months ago
Please note Powercare terms & conditions apply inclusive of black rock pension
To work as part of a 2 man excavation team carrying out excavation, backfill and reinstatement works on Faults, Small Service and Unmetered Connections work streams within the UK Power Networks EPN Distribution Licence area.
No direct reports or financial budget.
* Responsibility for all aspects of Safety, Health and Environment relevant to this role
* To carry out risk assessments and maintain safe working practices
* Be able to operate hand held IT equipment to receive job instructions and record site information
* Ensure quality of works meets with current policies and procedures
* Ensure works are carried out to meet guaranteed service standards
* Ensure the security of vehicle, tools, plant and equipment
* Be prepared to undertake other reasonable duties in line with the requirements of the Company
* Act as an ambassador for UK Power Networks and deliver excellent customer service
Nature and Scope
* The successful applicant will be expected to work as part of a 2-man excavation team carrying out planned works or as part of an excavation / jointing team carrying out fault repair work.
* The successful candidate will be required to travel anywhere within the EPN Footprint of UK Power Networks and participate in an out of hours standby rota.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
* NRSWA Units 001-003
* Full UK Driving Licence
* CSCS Operatives card
* Emergency First Aid
* Banksman qualification
The following skills are not essential for the role but would be advantageous
* Experience of working on electricity network
* Plant Operator qualification (mini excavator)
* Work efficiently and communicate effectively with other team members
* Have the enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills and techniques
* Demonstrate a strong safety culture
* Be flexible in their approach to work
Should you not currently possess the full range of essential skills, qualifications and competencies listed above, there may be an opportunity for further training to equip the successful candidate appropriately. If the successful candidate does not possess all relevant competencies for the core grade, it will be appropriate to appoint at a lower grade until they have developed the required competencies.
Please Note: Internal candidates who are still within a probationary period must obtain the written approval of their manager, which must be submitted with their application.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees are responsible for ensuring they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees are responsible for understanding those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
If in doubt ask!