3 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Responsible for coordination of the development of the Knowledge Management systems used by the Flexible Pipe Systems division of Baker Hughes, A GE Company. The key system being used is an MS SharePoint instance named TechWeb, which acts as the main knowledge sharing and collaboration platform for areas of the business, such as Engineering, and adopted by other teams for coordinating and progressing projects and programmes, making it a true business-wide system.
Duties will include liaising with internal and external partners for developing TechWeb; facilitation of out of the box functionality in SharePoint and developing custom SharePoint Developer and Nintex workflows; meeting the demands from different teams within the business who use or want to use TechWeb for their daily activities; supporting the Leader in defining a strategic focus for the system, while aligning, sharing and adopting system best practice with other parts of BHGE.
Other tasks comprise: content and access management, driving system efficiency through communication and teaching, and coordination of system upgrades and fixes.
Knowledge Management (KM) is a key strategic imperative within BHGE. The role will partner closely with the Leader, and key stakeholders from multiple functions to support cultural change and facilitate efficient and effective system adoption, help maintain policy and Information Management (IM) infrastructure, and develop KM processes and tools so that problem solving across BHGE, and the wider GE business, is accelerated and subject matter expertise is discoverable and accessible to those who need it. Key responsibilities include:
* Meeting with engaged employees and teams in order to scope, design and deliver team sites which meet the business needs
* Present and promote SharePoint functionality opportunities to interested parties
* Clearly identify and communicate best practice to employees, highlighting where SharePoint is most suitable as a platform and, alternatively, where other corporate systems are more appropriate (BOX, Yammer, etc.)
* Assisting in the promotion of knowledge capture and sharing within the engineering and technology functions, and to the wider business
* Working with subject matter experts to ensure the TechWeb Technical Library is kept up-to-date with accurate and curated information, tagged with appropriate metadata
* Maintain and enhance the functionality and structure of the technical Library
* Provision of custom solutions for business information requirements – for example custom lists/libraries with associated alerts, custom views, and custom web parts
* Curating, developing and promoting the use of the business taxonomy in SharePoint
* Assist in driving employee engagement and usage across locations and geographies through education and training sessions
* Working closely with external development assistance teams to ensure the most efficient development of the functionality of TechWeb
* Develop a routine of generating and delivering system performance and usage metrics to present to management
* Ensuring application of the BHGE legal imperatives with respect to intellectual property, export control, and document confidentiality classifications, driving clear, accurate and consistent use across the platform
* Aligning, sharing and adopting best practice with other parts of BHGE
* Supporting alignment of Share Point development in line with the overall BHGE KM roadmap
* Assisting in the development and implementation of an enterprise vision and strategy for KM implementation that leverages the work being done in other parts of the company but with the same overall purpose of connecting people, facilitating collaboration, sharing of expertise, and delivery of value to internal and external customers
* Identifying and eliminating existing knowledge sharing roadblocks
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a business, engineering or IT environment
* Good working and technical knowledge of MS SharePoint 2013/2016
* Ability to write workflows using SharePoint Designer and/or Nintex Workflow
* A proven track record of developing and delivering operational SharePoint systems to users
* Good working and technical knowledge of MS SharePoint 2016
* An understanding of Flexible Pipe Systems
* An understanding of written Brazilian Portuguese would be desirable, but not essential.
* Willingness to travel abroad if needed
Locations: United Kingdom; Newcastle-upon-Tyne
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.