10 months ago
Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of Interest
Engineer - Software
Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video
What You'll Do
You will be working as a member of the development team responsible for developing Cisco's leading collaboration products.
We are looking for people who enjoy working in a very fast paced team, learning something new every day.
We offer a very competitive salary based on experience as well as excellent benefits.
These positions are in our R&D centres in Uxbridge or Feltham, United Kingdom.
Who You’ll Work With
You will work as a member of the successful collaboration product development team who are industry world leaders in developing collaboration technology. We are looking to grow our application, system and security teams working on a wide range of products including our leading scalable Cisco meeting server portfolio. You'll gain a unique opportunity to gain a wide range of experience in networking, video and collaboration technologies."
Who You Are
You’ll need to have hands-on experience in some or all of the following
* Development in C, C++ or Python,
* Telecommunications including Video/Telephony/SIP,
The minimum requirements for the role are:
* A minimum Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Maths or similar discipline
* Strong written & verbal communication skills,
* Ability to multi-task and solve complex problems
* Ability to self-motivate with a strong desire to learn, and ability to be flexible
* Proven track record of learning new technologies and features on own initiative
* A demonstrable passion for technology and software development
The following skills would be highly advantageous:
* Experience working with SQL databases, such as Postgres
* Experience working with networking,
* Experience of Microsoft Lync and/or Skype for Business
* Excellent mathematical or scientific qualifications, with a flair for ing scientific approach to problem solving"
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.