10 months ago
In line with experience
Category: Software Jobs
OptaSense is a world leader in Distributed Acoustic Sensing and proud to provide vital information to help protect and secure the world's critical assets.
Drawing on decades of experience in the signal processing world, OptaSense is able to turn standard single mode telecoms fibre into a listening device up to 50km in length. OptaSense is rapidly expanding, with growth built on providing cutting edge solutions and excellent service to clients with security and monitoring requirements in tough environments. The OptaSense system has been deployed successfully worldwide and we now have operations in over 35 countries, in industries such as Oil and Gas, Transport and Security.
Join a challenging, dynamic and fast growing business with an exciting portfolio of international clients working on some of the most critical and exciting projects around the planet.
Job description/Person specification
An exciting opportunity to join a business which is commercially exploiting a ground-breaking fibre-optic distributed acoustic sensing system. As the organisation continues to expand, we are looking to recruit talented and motivated Software Engineers with experience developing in Java, able to bring innovation and passion to the organisation.
What OptaSense can offer you:
• Experience of the full lifecycle software development from concept through to delivery
• Accountability for the specification, design and implementation of software solutions.
• Ability to produce software module and sub-system acceptance test plans and procedures.
• Experience participating in project design and reviews.
The purpose of this job is to work within the software team to design, implement, test and integrate quality software according to the project’s system requirements and software management plan. There will be opportunities to support and for setup demonstrations and trials within the UK and abroad.
You will work closely with the technical and commercial teams to design and prototype new product components and functionality. Peer review documentation and code. Maintain awareness, review and propose tools, technologies and methodologies.
We are looking for Software Engineers with Java development experience or a recent graduate in Computing Studies / Computer Science who has Java coding experience gained from studies.
You must have a passion for IT, with an ability to embrace modern technologies/ways of working to solve complex problems. Additionally, you will have the ability to work as part of a dynamic team, able to contribute in an effective manner.
- Writing reliable high-quality code that fulfils agreed requirements within agreed timescales.
- Translating customer and sales led feature requests into well written, high-quality reliable software functions in a timely manner.
Essential Qualifications / Knowledge Required:
1. Degree in Computer Science
2. Coding experience ideally within Java (however C++/C# also considered)