5 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Our team is searching for a Junior Range Technician based at QinetiQ Winfrith, Dorset. This exciting and challenging role will see a successful candidate supporting the Maritime Signature Ranges in the UK and overseas.
On a day to day basis the right individual will be responsible for the operation, routine maintenance and repair of electronic, mechanical and ancillary systems to component level. They will also be involved in the design and implementation of replacement systems to counter obsolescence. While conducting these activities safely and efficiently they will also be required to complete the associated regulatory and QinetiQ required documentation.
Challenges of the Role:
• The right candidate will have to demonstrate drive and determination to achieve goals and progress their knowledge and experience and to work towards being competent in all required operations and systems at the Winfrith site.
• Be flexible and adaptable to the many and varied challenges faced by this role.
• Be able to work proactively and reactively during the complete trials process.
• You must be able to work well as part of a team
• Undertake duties assigned by the team Leader and group leaders.
• Undertake further training as required to ensure your continuous development.
• Completion of required documentation to a specific level
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Active team member
• Committed to achievement
• Excellent Communication and presentation skills
• Flexible in delivering additional volumes and working hours as required.
• A Levels/NVQ in STEM subjects plus at least two years’ experience working in a maintenance related environment
• Knowledge and experience within a relevant engineering subject.
• Clean driving license
• Working Knowledge of environmental engineering
• Working Knowledge of Test and Evaluation process
• Proficient in Microsoft Project software