about 1 year ago
Junior Project Manager
Requisition ID :2019-63590
Work Location :GB-Gloucester, Gloucestershireshire-Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Department / Discipline : Project Management
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Wood Nuclear are recruiting for a Junior Project Manager to join our New Nuclear team supporting our key Nuclear New Build clients on our long-term Frameworks. The position is based in our Gloucester, Gloucestershire office where you will manage and support a portfolio of projects under the direction of the Framework Manager.
The Junior Project Manager will support the Framework Manager by ensuring that all key project delivery areas such as procurement, tendering, commercial, quality, financial and ad hoc project administration are performed to the highest standards in support of the delivery of New Nuclear Framework tasks.
The Junior Project Manager will be part of a team responsible for delivery of a programme of work supporting the New Nuclear Frameworks. The projects are multi-disciplined and range in value from several £K to over £1M.
The Junior Project Manager will be responsible for the management of Task Orders within their assigned framework contracts and will involve the project management of staff embedded in the client’s offices, tasking scope of work and providing reach-back support from Wood offices.
The role will be based at our offices in Gloucester, Gloucestershire and will involve regular travel to Bristol, and may include ad-hoc travel to London, the North West and France.
In this role you will be accountable to the Framework Manager for successful delivery of all aspects of the assigned projects through the complete project lifecycle. Such accountabilities include but are not limited to:
* Developing proposals for acceptance both internally and externally
* Ensuring resources are available both internally and through the supply chain
* Applying Wood project management practices
* Identifying and assessment of key risks and opportunities
* Stakeholder Management
* Contract/Commercial Management
* Establishment and management of the frameworks’ Project Management Plan and associated supporting documentation
* Preparation for, attendance at, and production of minutes for monthly client governance meetings
* Development of initial and updates to Task Orders/proposals (project scope, tender review and approval), ensuring that the work scope is thoroughly defined and documented
* Preparation/update of Quality Plans, Task Specific Worksheets and other documents to support project governance as required by Wood’s Nuclear policies and procedures
* Identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that appropriate change requests are current and reflect the budget forecasts
* Reporting - internally (weekly project progress tracker, monthly project/ reviews) and externally (monthly project progress to the customer)
Skills / Qualifications
* Hold a science, engineering or project management based degree (desirable)
* APM / Prince 2 practitioner qualification (desirable)
* Experience in project administration and coordination
* Exceptional verbal, written, organisational, presentational, computer and communication skills
* Time management skills including meeting deadlines and multi-tasking
* Attention to detail
* Assertive ability to co-ordinate and influence the required outcome from those functions and groups. Contributing to the successful delivery of the task
* Flexibility to travel to other Wood office locations and to various locations in the UK and France to attend client meetings
* Flexibility to work embedded in our customer’s offices in Bristol/South West
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
* A competitive reward package
* Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations
* Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave
* International opportunities - As a 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 countries you will have access to international career opportunities
* For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit
* To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions
For our communities:
* We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.