5 months ago
Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of Interest
Engineer - Software
Collaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
Collaboration Technology Group
Cisco's Collaboration Technology Group is redefining the future of collaboration in the work space. We are creating a world where people come together effortlessly and enjoyably. Our technology powers products and services that bring modern, uncompromised collaboration to everyone – spanning every room, desk, pocket and application. Industry leading products like Cisco Webex Teams, Webex Meetings, Cisco Meeting Server and Cisco Collaboration Meeting Rooms are examples of our technology in action.
What you’ll do
· You’ll be part of a cross-functional team to build and improve Cisco’s next-generation meeting management web application.
· You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to capture requirements, propose software designs, follow through with implementation and iterate in response to feedback.
· You’ll employ Cisco’s Design Thinking to create products that are delightful to our users.
· You’ll work across the entire stack, from backend to front end and all in between.
· You’ll create everything from mockups and UI components to the business logic and data structures.
· You’ll ensure software is delivered to the highest quality through code reviews, writing of unit and integration tests and working closely with Test Engineers.
Who you are
· You have a technical degree or equivalent experience with a strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer science.
· You have a proven track record of personal and academic achievements.
· You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating awesome products.
· You are a flexible individual who can quickly adapt to new challenges and requirements.
· You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people from diverse backgrounds and disciplines.
· You are a strong communicator, both written and verbal.
· You have the ability to a scientific approach to solving complex problems.
· You are motivated by challenges and continuous learning.
· You have knowledge of application and web development in HTML and CSS.
· You have an understanding of, or experience with, Agile software development methodologies.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere – from launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone – we do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco