4 months ago
Title : Junior Draughtsperson
Requisition ID :2019-39621
Work Location :GB-East Lothian-Dunbar, East Lothian, Dunbar
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Systems
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Draughtsperson to join their project at Dunbar, East Lothian.
Wood delivers a Managed Service solution to EDF Energy at Dunbar, East Lothian Power Station and has a significant presence on site, The successful candidate will join our Drawing Office.
This role will suit a enthusiatic but maybe lesser experienced candidate who is ambitious and is motivated to learn and develop.
The successful candidate will however possess the basic fundamental skills and competencies.
* Produce and update drawings using AutoCAD / GTX Raster CAD
* Liaise with Engineers for verification of design and drawings
* Perform site surveys as required
* Check and approve from red-line ‘as built’ drawings using relevant standards, processes and procedures
* Control and organise multiple projects with a pro-active client focus
* Maintain a high level of attention to detail
Skills / Qualifications
In order to be considered for this role, applicants should be able to demonstrate the following skills / experience / attributes:
* HNC qualification (or equivalent) or suitable experience
* Ability to confidently read and interpret drawings
* Confident in use of AutoCAD
* A good standard of written (typed) English
* Knowledge/ experience of working with an Electronic Document Management System
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Excellent communicator both written and oral
* Ability to use own initiative but works well in a team
* Can work under pressure, set and achieve deadlines with excellent organisational skills
* Experience of a Drawing Office environment would be beneficial
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.