about 1 month ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
This role will be based in Cambridge, UK at our brandnew state of the art Headquarters. We are a global hub for Arm technology to continuously evolve to ensure intelligence is at the core of a secure and connected digital world. Developed to facilitate the design of modern innovations—from the sensor to the smart-phone to the supercomputer—our technologies are making smart possible.
We are the CPU Technology team, part of Arm Central Technology Group. This diverse engineering centric group invents, defines and architects Technologies to be deployed in tomorrow's IP solutions from Arm. The CPU Technology team tackles next-generation Arm CPUs, inventing new concepts that will fuel billions of devices worldwide.
What will I be accountable for?
As a CPU Technology Architect, you will be accountable for:
* Analysing CPU performance and understanding limitations we need to breakthrough
* Developing knowledge of the competitive landscape and understanding of key missing Technologies at Arm, applied to future solutions like Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Digital Photography...
* Kicking off and following the development of key technologies for our CPU to remain competitive on the performance front within all the best CPU experts within Arm
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
You bring a variety of skills, experience and qualifications:
* You graduated from a University or Engineering School, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronic / Electrical Engineering, or other related science
* You have a passion to innovate, think different, explore new avenues
* You are able to work efficiently alone as well as in a virtual team environment, this virtual team spanning across multiple groups and multiple continents.
What would give you an edge? Anything among:
* You have been working on advanced CPU technics, from branch prediction to prefetchers (Micro-architecture, Design)
* You have some experience in CPU performance analysis.
* You have some experience in C/C++ programming and ARM Assembler.
* You have been defining Neural Networks and want to see how to have concrete use of these to increase the efficiency of modern CPUs.
* You have been working on CPU infrastructure architectures and related system constraints
* You are used to work on immature technologies and follow up latest advanced in Science
* You are used to develop and adapt some experimental application code to test new architectures.
* You demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and diligence
* You have good written and verbal communication skills
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
* Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
* Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
* Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
* Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
* Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
* Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
* Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
* Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
* Be authentic.
* Seek and embrace differences.
* Encourage curiosity and challenge.
* Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps