10 months ago
This is a great opportunity for someone who wishes to build a career in a large company that will support you in moving up the career ladder with a heap of benefits along the way.
* We offer fully paid training to give you the recognised qualifications you need to progress your career at UKPN
* Paid Annual leave
* Personal Pension Plan – Personal contribution rates of 3%, 4% or 5% (UK Power Networks will make a corresponding contribution of 6%,8% or 10%)
* Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers
* Season ticket loan
* Occupational Health support
* Switched On – scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
* Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
* Discounted access to sports and social clubs
* Employee Assistance Programme.
UK Power Networks:
UK Power Networks owns and maintains electricity cables and lines across London, the South East and East of England. We maintain and upgrade power equipment as well as move and connect new electricity cables.
UK Power Networks is the first company to win the prestigious Utility of the Year Award two years running and was named one of the top large companies (Sunday Times Top 30) to work for in the country for the third successive year.
To carry out electrical works which range from the connection of new supplies, diversion and alterations to locating and repairing faults.
1. Location and restoration of faults on the LV underground Network.
2. Domestic connection of new/altered housing supplies and/or reinforcements.
3. Connection of diversions both HV/LV for developers or Local Authorities up to 33KV.
4. Responsibility for all aspects of Safety, Health and Environment in this role.
5. Delivery of the job to time and guaranteed service levels.
6. Efficient use of materials.
7. Completion of work to the correct specification.
8. To carry out risk assessments and maintain safe working practices.
9. Immediate supervision of Craft Attendant.
10. Use of appropriate IT equipment including TDR, LV Faults sniffer and FFE equipment
11. Supervision of excavating teams
Safety Awareness, Communication Skills, Quality/Customer Focus, People Skills
Nature and Scope:
Where appropriate, the post holder will work with the team to achieve the targets set out in the Performance Dashboard. They will be able to work under their own initiative and demonstrate the ability to carry out risk assessments in order to create a safe working environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
The following skills and attributes are important to this role
* City and Guilds 2339 (formally 2322) certificate or equivalent
* HAUC (NRSWA) qualification as a supervisor and operative
* Flexibility and able to work in a team environment
* Ability to problem solve in a practical way
* Able to work under pressure
* Must have a clean driving licence
* Understanding operational and 1:500 diagrams