10 months ago
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Employment Period: Permanent
To carry out electrical works which range from the connection of new supplies, diversion and alterations to locating and repairing faults.
* Location and restoration of faults on the LV underground Network.
* Domestic connection of new/altered housing supplies and/or reinforcements.
* Connection of diversions both HV/LV for developers or Local Authorities up to 33KV.
* Responsibility for all aspects of Safety, Health and Environment in this role.
* Delivery of the job to time and guaranteed service levels.
* Efficient use of materials.
* Completion of work to the correct specification.
* To carry out risk assessments and maintain safe working practices.
* Immediate supervision of Craft Attendant.
* Use of appropriate IT equipment including TDR, LV Faults sniffer and FFE equipment
* Supervision of excavating teams
Safety Awareness, Communication Skills, Quality/Customer Focus, People Skills
Nature and Scope:
Where appropriate, the post holder will work with the team to achieve the targets set out in the Performance Dashboard. They will be able to work under their own initiative and demonstrate the ability to carry out risk assessments in order to create a safe working environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
The following skills and attributes are important to this role
* City and Guilds 2339 (formally 2322) certificate or equivalent
* HAUC (NRSWA) qualification as a supervisor and operative
* Flexibility and able to work in a team environment
* Ability to problem solve in a practical way
* Able to work under pressure
* Must have a clean driving licence
* Understanding operational and 1:500 diagrams