8 months ago
The main purpose of this role is to provide Joint Venture IT leadership for IT service delivery, business process automation, systems selection and implementation, and data analytics supporting a Major Project, based full-time in York.
Working closely with the Major Projects leadership team to ensure adherence to Murphy best practices and standards where appropriate.
Manage IT budget on the project, ensuring project cost items are recovered
* Develop and drive Joint Venture I.T. strategy & governance whilst working closely with the partner IT leadership teams
* Drive standardised JV systems in line with the agreed approach.
* Continuous improvement in the automation of business processes.
* Ensure compliance with Joint Venture policies, procedures and technical standards.
* Managing the IT budget and forecast for the Joint Venture, ensuring IT costs are processed in line with JV accounting requirements.
* Working with the JV partner leadership team to manage the procurement on behalf of the JV, ensuring best value is maintained and liaise with the Procurement team to ensure charging and contracts are fit for purpose
* Operate as escalation point for impactful business issues that cannot be addressed via standard escalation procedures
* Recognise and exploit I.T. and business innovation
* Plan, implement, control, review and audit IT service provision to the JV, to ensure services meet the needs of the JV and satisfy existing and new customer commitments
* Provide support to the bid management teams in the specification, sourcing, costing and delivery of services to projects
* Manage the contract change control process to ensure that all business service requirements are met, costs understood, service levels established and effectively communicated to key stakeholders
* Ensure that service delivery and charging is monitored effectively, both internally and for vendors, and that identified actions to maintain or improve levels of service are implemented so that agreed service level agreements can be met.
* Own service issues and act as a point of escalation for the JV when vendor obligations are not met, ensuring the nature of Business critical incidents, and of their implications for the JV are understood and acted upon
* Provide accurate and regular reports for the JV leadership team regarding service level performance delivered to internal and external customers and solicit formal and informal customer feedback to evaluate and improve services provided.
* Develop and maintain personal expertise and network in the broader IT community within and beyond the JV to stay abreast of best practice and bring leading edge IT thinking into the project.
* Ability to commute between JV sites as necessary in the York to Leeds area
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Good working knowledge of IT systems implementation and business process improvement and automation
* Ability to engage and influence employees, peers in I.T. and Business, service consumers and business management teams.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
* Experience of partnering senior business & client stakeholders to understand multi-party business needs and priorities – with the capability to positively challenge and influence to ensure required outcomes
* Previous experience of duties defined in “Key Responsibilities”
* Degree or equivalent, cumulative qualifications in IT related subject
* Full Clean Driving Licence
* Experience in the construction industry