7 months ago
TOGETHER WE PROTECT AND SECURE WHAT MATTERS MOST TO ORGANIZATIONS & ENTERPRISES
Thales e-Security protects 80% of the world’s payment card transactions as well as safeguarding the biggest names in technology. We’re a leading force in encryption technology, both in the UK and globally. And to keep our customers’ information and communications safe and secure in this constantly shifting, immensely challenging sector, we need to excel, evolve and invent. That’s why we only want to work with the brightest, most ambitious minds in our industry. That’s why we want to work with you.
World-leading cyber security business Thales e-Security is seeking talented software engineers to join its ranks in securing some of the world’s most valuable information. Our engineers develop advanced data security solutions, ensuring that data belonging to companies and government entities is both secure and trusted in any environment – on premises, in the cloud, in data centres or big data environments.
An Agile approach is used in product development with engineers working in small teams of six to eight. This allows them to interact, collaborate, respond to change; and they are empowered to make decisions on a daily basis. Thales e-Security also prides itself on encouraging and supporting innovation and creativity among its teams and the company is working in a number of exciting and emerging markets.
Knowledge - Essential
* Experience as a software engineer within a project or product development team
* Experience of design and programming on a variety of platforms and environments including Linux and Windows based operating systems
* Java based implementation experience on complex, multi-component projects, including use of multiple development languages (Java is essential, others desirable include C/C++ and Python)
* A working knowledge of relational databases including Oracle and SQL Server using JDBC
* An understanding of Enterprise Java and surrounding technologies.
* Willingness to work cross site, mainly based in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire but 1-2 days a week in Long Crendon.
* An interest in information systems security such as cryptography and/or computer security
* An understanding of container technology, especially Docker
* An understanding of client/server technologies and their communication protocols including SOAP & REST, Spring Boot
* An understanding of modern test driven, CI development techniques including TDD, JUnit, Git, Gradle, Mockito etc.
* Experience of Agile software development and associated software engineering practices including use of the corresponding tool suites: Atlassian’s Jira, Confluence, Bamboo etc.
* An understanding of Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery systems.
* An understanding of PKI and /or authentication protocols
* An understanding of TLS/SSL & Web Services Security(WSS)
To play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation and to join a talented team click the apply button now.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.