15 days ago
: Apr 29, 2021
: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-London
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Vice President
Team Profile: As part of a global team we provide the pricing, trade capture and risk management systems for the FX business. The FX market is both diverse and highly liquid with trading volumes greater than $5 trillion/day. Systems must cater for 24hr, highly liquid, ultra-low latency e-trading through to complex exotic transactions taking days to negotiate. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic.
The FX Options team is renovating its sales and trading platform, building out new systems for:
* Price discovery and negotiation
* Intraday and end of day risk
* Trade capture
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents
* To work for the firm that attracts some of the brightest talents like Bjarne Stroustrup, the inventor of the C++ language
* A supportive and vibrant multinational environment, we accept individual differences and believe
* Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley?s world-class internal
* An open door to have continuous dialogue with our senior leaders - an environment where you are truly listened to
* A competitive compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus and flexible working arrangements (work-time cycle and opportunity to work from home)
* Apply your strong technical skills on one of the largest Scala projects in the world, making heavy use of graph programming paradigms
* Work on technically challenging global projects that enable the firm's FX Options business to grow revenues, reduce costs and streamline workflow for our sales and trading users.
* Form part of a global team working with colleagues in London, New York, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Budapest & Montreal
* Focus on a broad range of deliveries across sales & trading interaction as project priorities dictate.
* Commercial experience in Scala or Java with an interest in functional programming
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Strong communication skills with the ability to derive requirements and express them effectively
* A track record of delivery in technically challenging projects
* Experience working within a derivatives business environment is beneficial but not essential
* BSc or MSc in any relevant field of IT/Engineering area is an advantage