6 months ago
* Employee status: Permanent
* Closing date: Ongoing
* Reference number: 42745
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our NOW TV Family
As NOW TV are part of the Sky family, you’ll benefit from either: free Sky Q (one off payment required for installation) or a NOW TV premium package as well as an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive London, UK campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
Your key responsibilities:
As a member of the development team within Software Engineering, you will…
- Active contribution towards key design decisions and detailed design and implementation.
- Participation in all stages of the software development, from initial analysis & design to implementation and post launch support.
- Contribute to and maintain the platform on which the service runs, including the full path to production.
- Investigate, solve problems and perform detailed root cause analysis of issues that may occur in live systems.
- Have an appreciation of new technologies and their use in innovative teams.
- Effective communication with fellow software engineers, the project team, management and different levels of the business to ensure the effective delivery and integration of these systems.
- Application development experience on building large scale, high volume and REST-compliant web services using Java in Cloud or container based environment;
- Excellent core Java and Java 8 skills is a requirement;
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and experienced in the use of apache http libraries for consuming http based web services in an efficient manner;
- Software engineering practices including: design patterns, unit testing with Mockito, JUnit, automated build and test systems for continuous integration (using Jenkins) and TDD are a requirement;
- Experience using GIT is a requirement;
- Virtualization using Docker and Kubernetes;
- Agile development, in particular Scrum and XP; comfortable with practices like pair programming and code review. Experience of pair programming is a requirement;
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment;
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better