8 months ago
Java Developer - Global Equity Derivatives
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you have proven track record of building low-latency systems using core java? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you want to design and build best-in-class, enterprise scale applications using the latest technologies?
We’re looking for a java developer to:
• collaborate to refine user requirements though test-driven development (TDD)
• analyze root causes of incidents and provide answers
• document the provided resolutions
• perform code reviews and share results with colleagues
You’ll be working in the Global Equity Derivatives (GED) Quoting team in London. We provide engineering services to Public Distribution Trading (PDT) business divisions of the UBS group. Together as team, we provide solutions to unique business/market requirements in line with the established Corporate IT Standards. As a java developer, you'll play an important role in revamping and developing an event-driven low-latency quoting system for PDT business mainly targeting light exotic products for pricing and quoting.
• ideally 7+ years of experience as Java Developer, focusing on low latency core java, finance sector background a plus
• Experience of building and maintaining and supporting a low-latency real time engine for trading applications
• Understanding Reactive Systems.
• Performance profiling and optimization
• Writing GC-free and lock-free programming
• In depth understanding of standards, methods, techniques, templates as defined by SDLC using various tools like Git, Jira, Teamcity etc.
• able to produce secure, stable and good performing code
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent