23 days ago
: Apr 16, 2021
: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-London
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Morgan Stanley’s market leading institutional equity derivatives business is powered by a world class technology platform from front to back. The system manages the pre-trade workflow for sales and trading including product definition, pricing and quoting, pre-trade approvals and automated integration with booking systems. This flow is handled through a range of inputs from high-touch bespoke exotics to direct FIX connectivity and auto-pricing.
As the business continues to grow, the equity derivatives technology team is undertaking a programme of change to increase our external connectivity and to improve automation for all aspects of the workflow. To ensure that we target development that will deliver the optimal outcome for the business there are a number of metrics that need to be collected and presented.
Reflecting the global nature of our business and systems, the team is distributed between London, New York, Montreal, Hong Kong and Mumbai. Our strongest location in terms of numbers is London, the ideal time zone for running a global team and where many of our business sponsors are also located. We are active in many out of work activities both socially and volunteering our time through various firm sponsored initiatives.
Existing Tech Stack:
* Java (8), Scala (2.11)
* .Net 4.6.1, WPF
* HTML 5, CSS3, Angular
* Git, Teamcity, Jenkins, Stash
* Globally distributed n-tier platform deployed across Tokyo, Hong Kong, London and New York
* Utilisation of the latest Firm technologies including Treadmill PaaS, Splunk-based LaaS and Service Discovery
* You will be a technically proficient and experienced developer.
* You will support and lead different phases of the product lifecycle including analysis, development and testing.
* You will help implement and ensure the team follows SDLC best practices.
* You will help develop and lead the technology strategy within the department, as well as ensuring it aligns with the global technology strategy.
* You will encourage innovation and set technical guardrails for the development team.
* You will develop new and existing components in Java. Previous commercially proven experience is required, with a strong desire to develop your skills more widely.
* Additionally, there is an opportunity to work with front end application development in HTML 5, Angular, C# and WPF as well as back end application development in Scala.
* You will be expected to promote best practices in terms of TDD, development tools and technologies.
* You will be a proactive member of an agile team, taking part in ceremonies and interact with business owners and stakeholders as well as other agile teams across the fleet
* The role will involve interaction with front office business users, analysing and gathering requirements.
* The role requires good collaboration with members from the wider global team, as well as neighbouring teams and systems such as pricing and trade capture.
* Equity derivatives product knowledge is not a pre-requisite but it is advantageous.
Skills required (essential):
* Practical Experience building Java Applications. Specifically Spring Boot Applications.
* Test-Driven Development (TDD) experience.
* Experience of Agile development techniques and a deep understanding of systems engineering, build and release management principles including continuous integration and continuous delivery.
* Experience with application integration, software design patterns, frameworks, unit testing, automated testing, performance / memory analysis, and n-tier service-oriented architecture.
* Experience in sales and trading platforms or middle office trade processing systems in Equities / FX / Fixed Income / Derivation domain
Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our LinkedIn page and Youtube channel.
Build a career with impact. Apply today.