4 months ago
* Employee status: Permanent
* Closing date: Ongoing
* Reference number: 43930
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Tech Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
Sky has a vision to re-platform one of its core IT systems, updating a legacy application solution to the latest technology stack. As a Java developer you will make that vision become a reality and deliver a class leading solution to maintain the platform’s reach.
- Have hands on Java / Microservice Development.
- Full software development lifecycle Including planning, analysis, design, testing and implementation.
- Production support for the new application.
- Java mentoring and support for other team members.
- Demonstrable experience of working on large or complex software engineering programmes / projects with multiple software development teams
- Strong core Java development skills and understanding of Java design principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Version Control & Continuous Integration
- Experience building applications using Spring frameworks.
- Experience writing SQL queries.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about