11 months ago
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
The focus of your role
Within this role, you’ll create solutions for client and server-side software, on some of the most cutting edge digital and cloud-based architectures in development today. At all times, you’ll work to recognised standards and patterns, including agile methodology.
What you’ll do
* You’ll be responsible for the specification, development, unit testing and implementation of complex multi-tier applications.
* You’ll enhance existing applications to meet changes in need and requirement.
* You’ll provide technical support for the transition of applications into live service and support.
* You’ll ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
* You’ll ensure that functional and non-functional requirements are appropriately implemented
What you’ll bring
* An agile mind-set and approach, a love of development, and exposure to a range of technologies.
* Excellent knowledge of Java, core open source technologies and frameworks.
* Experience of building scalable, resilient applications and working with technology stacks.
* Deep understanding of the core XP practices of TDD, pair programming, and continuous integration.
* The ability to use agile configuration management to ensure continuous delivery and deployment.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
December 12, 2018
(i)GCSE or equivalent
Permanent Full Time
Any UK Base