6 months ago
* Employee status: Permanent
* Closing date: Ongoing
* Reference number: 42945
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Product Development and Technology team.
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices offer a variety of other perks including subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
Your key responsibilities:
As a member of our Java Development Scrum, you will be working on one of our big projects delivering new products to our customers.
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices.
- Driving the best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Mentoring and coaching developers and associate developers.
- Suggesting and progressing changes to our development framework with our principle engineers.
- Work with the testers to identify and ensure acceptance criteria are satisfied.
- Delivering to tight deadlines whilst not compromising on code quality.
- Promoting good attitudes and behaviours, such as collaboration, learning, sharing, respect and motivation.
- Participate in team/design meetings and contribute to the technical direction of the team
- Participate and contribute during the scrum/stand-up and retrospective meetings
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Knowledge of Relational Databases and Object/Relational mappings
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment, with continuous integration and collective code ownership an advantage
- Strong skills in Java EE. Relevant technology and tools advantageous; Java 8,Spring, Cucumber, RESTful web services, JSON, Git, Jenkins and Docker
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better