9 months ago
Be at the heart of delivering digital innovation
We our establishing our Digital Innovation Centre in London as part of our ever expanding Digital capability. As a Digital Engineer you will:
• Be based in our office in London supporting our clients to deliver great software and build technical capability through in-depth knowledge of the latest tools, technologies and evolving methodologies
• Have the opportunity to work with a variety of exciting and innovative clients delivering solutions across a range of technologies and platforms including open source, Google, Microsoft, Amazon and many more
• Have the opportunity to develop within PA, with a career path focused on Digital Operations and Engineering
• Have access to industry thought leaders and the latest tooling and technologies to keep your skills current through our partner network and tech capability including IoT and our Innovation Lab
• Have commitment from PA for on-going training to continue to develop your skills and interests, including cloud certifications
• Have the chance to work with emerging technologies, such as AI, Hololens, Amazon Echo and even Smart Nappies
• Ability to write well designed, testable, efficient code using best software development practices and patterns
• Ability to work as part of a team to collectively build products for our Clients whilst striving to continue to learn and impart knowledge to the rest of the team
You probably have had experience of some of the following:
• Backend – experience of enterprise Java, understanding of enterprise architecture frameworks such as ESB ,SOA, BigData, microservices and web Services / REST; knowledge of NodeJS, NoSQL databases, SQL, RDBMS such as MySQL and application servers such as Jboss
• Understanding of Agile Scrum, XP; experience working in an Agile software development environment and using collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Slack, etc.
• DevOps – experience of Infrastructure as Code, working in PAAS and orchestration tools such as Vagrant, Packer, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform; experience with different Linux distributions; experience of containerising applications; experience of deployment and monitoring technologies and methods
• Cloud – experience of running applications on Azure / AWS / Google using IaaS and PaaS and Cloud-native data storage
About PA Consulting Group
PA Consulting Group is a leading management, systems and technology consulting firm. Employee-owned, award-winning, independent, highly successful, global, and ambitious for further growth - PA is a different kind of consulting firm. We look to hire exceptional people and provide them with opportunities that they will not find elsewhere. We are looking for opinion-formers, people who prize a culture based on respect, collaboration, and new ideas, and who have a passion for delivering solutions to the most complex and challenging issues affecting business and government. PA offers a career in consulting, not just a job; a stake in our firm; and an environment where individuals and ideas matter.
We recognise that diversity is strength and that the differences between people add value to our organisation. PA Consulting Group is committed to equality and diversity and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion or age.